Thread: Anyone got any air layering experience/tips/techniques ?

Thanks

Default Anyone got any air layering experience/tips/techniques ?

Hi peoples

atm iv just got room for one plant and are starting air layering because i don't have room for a load of clones and i just need one at a time so this technique is handy for me.

i know the basic principle but id like alittle more experienced help with the best way to do it so i get it right basically.

any tips would be great, and any things i shouldn't do aswell.

e.g

what's the best medium?
    what's the best time to do it?
    what's the best part of the plant to do it on ?

etc etc iv looked on the web and there's tons of stuff so iv got the basics but id just like to hear it from the horses mouth for more solid confirmed info about this technique.

thanks in advance no pun intended

Thanks

I use rock wool as a medium and clone it on a thick stem. Most of the time i try to clone from the bottom so the branch doesnt break due to the weight of the rock wool. It gets pretty heavy when its wet. But if you want to clone on the top section of the tree you could air clone just above 2 side by side branch. Have it sitting on it so it doesnt slide down

I use foil to wrap the rock wool the zip tie it. Shaping a funnel above to keep light out. allways keep it wet.

Good luck
    play to win

Robert Greene-33 war strategies, Dan Carlin-wrath of khans, Robert Greene-48 laws of power

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VietDaNinja For This Useful Post:

dream69 (29-01-16)