Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Security Camera Help.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Default Security Camera Help.

If there's any guys who should know about security and cameras it's you lot, so I'm hoping I can get some advice.

Ok, here's what I'm looking for...

A small, inconspicuous, waterproof, outdoor, wireless security/spy camera with an App that allows me to view it on my phone whenever and from wherever.

I've tried maplins who tried to talk me into buying a wired one which I don't want... Then I almost bought one of their Swan 'wireless' ones until I saw it had a 12V power-wire coming from it and needed to run through the wifi on the router. - How can that be 'wireless'? lol.

It's to be used outdoors in all weathers a mile or so from where I live (with no means of electricity) and needs to be small and mobile with no wires coming from it at all, as I'll be moving it around regularly.

The App also needs to have a record facility for me to record stills and video.

So... that's what I'm after. Any recommendations/suggestions would be great. (PM me any links please).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (15-05-15), GEORGE (23-08-18), satnavsatnav (15-05-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

There's Dropcam pro or Blink but I must say I have had no experience with any of them but might help ya out

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satnavsatnav For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-18), Grub (15-05-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Pm'ed mate.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-18), Grub (15-05-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satnavsatnav View Post
    There's Dropcam pro or Blink but I must say I have had no experience with any of them but might help ya out
    Just had a look at their ranges mate and all seem to need to run via an internet router or need to be 'plugged in' to an electric socket, but as the camera will be position in woodland miles away from anywhere they're no good.

Cheers for the reply though buddy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-18), satnavsatnav (15-05-15)

ganjagunman Guest

Have a look at these, item number - 271125565206

Ive got 2, one watching my front door, one watching my tents. Both work together on an app on the iphone thats free to download, easy to setup, plug them into the router with cat 5 cable first, one by one, set it up with your wireless then unplug the lan cable. You can access them anywhere aslong as youve got internet access 3G etc on your phone. You can take screenshots or record it and it saves to your phone.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (15-05-15), Grub (15-05-15), satnavsatnav (15-05-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki - God of Mischief View Post
    Pm'ed mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Have a look at these, item number - 271125565206

Ive got 2, one watching my front door, one watching my tents. Both work together on an app on the iphone thats free to download, easy to setup, plug them into the router with cat 5 cable first, one by one, set it up with your wireless then unplug the lan cable. You can access them anywhere aslong as youve got internet access 3G etc on your phone. You can take screenshots or record it and it saves to your phone.
    Cheers guys.

Unfortunately neither of these are waterproof. Loki mate, cheers for the link... Nice camera but according to the reviews it's only 'splashproof' and I need it 100% waterproof. - For a£300 'outdoor' camera you'd think they'd make it waterproof. - Plus I'd struggle carrying around the 7" monitor in my jeans pocket.
    The search continues lol...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-18), Loki (15-05-15), satnavsatnav (15-05-15)

farmguy Guest

Sent u sumthin maybe helpfull in a pm buddy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmguy For This Useful Post:

Grub (16-05-15), satnavsatnav (15-05-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Mad idea.check in on the little darlings thru the day at work lol.
    Hmm.......

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-18), Grub (16-05-15), satnavsatnav (15-05-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

I was looking for the same sort of thing a while back its a nightmare searching for these but i did come across the Arlo Smart Home - Single HD Security Camera kit, 100% Wire-Free, Indoor/Outdoor with Night Vision by NETGEAR on amazon still had it in basket. Only downside i think its very expensive but might be what you are looking for.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-18), Grub (16-05-15)

Thanks

Maybe a bit out there, but what about getting a PAYG mobile phone capable of video calling and get a waterproof enclosure for it. Set it up, hidden if necessary and then just video call it from your own phone when you want to view. Might need to add an app that'll automatically answer video calls, im sure there'll be something out on the various apple/android app stores, maybe something intended as a baby monitor or spying app.
    Obviously, it'll need the battery charged, so you could try one of those solar chargers, or just swap out the battery with a charged one when u visit it.

Anything that's a dedicated wireless security camera is going to need power. For any sort of continuous recording and wireless transmission, it'll need a pretty beefy battery. Without a massive budget, think it might be tricky to find something feasible, so the mobile phone route could be your best bet.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hula For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-18), Grub (16-05-15)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast