Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: couple of RDWC questions

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

How you get on with the build dude?

Thanks

woops a bit late but here we are.
    I finished the 4 pot system usin 84 litre totes, a 5000l hr pump and dual spray bars, and it works like a dream.
    the ph doesnt move and the plants look fantastic, if i say so myself.
    Here are some pics

and the res, the pump is attached to the 22mm pipe which is located in a jrommet, and it doesnt move

and last but not least my new system, which is more a traditional RDWC with airstones, put tojether to see how it fares v the spraybars.

its not quite finished yet, but it is powered by a 100litre an hour air pump which ive named "the beast", it should be quite a nice system.
    Ive spent the day puttin up my new 2.4 by 2.4 tent for it to fit into. Easier to do on yer own than the little tents, surprisinjly
    Also cut the holes for the 40mm pipe. Am usin solvent weld this time, as the push fit is shite.
    This system will have 40mm main pipes which are reduced down to 22 for the return to the pump.
    I was plannin puttin the pump outside the res, but its too noisy so i will make up a pipe in 22mm to come over the top of the res, then into the pump, with a silicone coupler.
    The out side of the pump will be put into 19mm hose to the HC 500 chiller, and a return to the res from it.

pip pip wibble
    Last edited by badbillybob; 07-03-16 at 08:00 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (07-03-16)

Thanks

Do the waste pipe and fittings hold all the water without leaking? are they always full? (Professional Plumber interested) They arent designed to hold pressure.

Thanks

Yes they do hold the water.
    Both the push fit and the solvent weld, but they arent under that much pressure are they?
    I used push fit on my 4 tote system without leaks, but one of the joints did weep a little , till it sorted itself out. This was probably just a nick on the rubber seal , but it has rijhted itself after a quick turn. Im usin the solvent stuff this time round as ive done 2 with push fit and both have hasd little leaks on first fillinj. They both sealed tho and are still holdin pressure. I just didnt want the hassle of emptyin the system if these leaked with push fit.
    There are loads of systems usin them.
    Last edited by badbillybob; 07-03-16 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,836 Times

Bloody nice job mate. Reminds me of my old system
    Makes me want to build another.
    I still have most of asgard dismantled in my loft.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6