Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: couple of RDWC questions

Thanks

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/...01_Small_2.JPGClick image for larger version. 

Name:	001_Small_2.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	299565

So somethin like this, Im not sure that this is what you mean, but i get your idea that the pressure enterin the boxes should be equal
    So that the pressure would be equal when it enters both boxes?
    Im doin the returns today, i will make templates first and go easy with the hole saw, cos i dont want to f*ck this up.

Ive another question about the spray bars?
    Would i be better doin lots of small holes, was thinkin 2mm or fewer larger ones 4mm maybe? ? ive 2,3,4,5,and 6mm drill bits.
    What do you reckon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

G_UNIT (05-06-15), Upton (05-06-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,172 Times

That looks OK mate..

Ref the holes.. i'd start with very small holes (1-2mm) and enlarge them, if needed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (05-06-15)

Thanks

thanks man,
    I have another dumb question for you, are the rubber seals on the tank connectors meant to be on the inside or outside of the tote? or does it not matter?

Thanks

The rubber should be against the non moving flange mate.. mine were inside the tubs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (05-06-15)

Thanks

Chiller is ordered, no turnin back now, just a pump to order, still undecided which one.

Because i want to "future proof" the system, i am lookin at a 4000-6000 litre job. (i remember readin that Hannibal said you need around 1000-1500 l/hr per tote) and fittin an inline tap to reduce the pressure. the hailea HX 8840 or 8860 is lookin likely candidates.
    I am getting excited about this now, ive always wanted to do RDWC, since i first saw Heath Robinsons modded wilma system, and i was startin to get bored of soil and coco, and havin to sneak around in the middle of the nite dumpin pot fulls all over the surroundin countryside. I also remember readin g g units epic lemon kush and delahaze diary all those years ago and commentin that i'd never seen buds as big as that before.

It feels like it did when i first embarked on this growing journey, all those years ago, i just hope it works out ok.
    When i finally get this adventure started, ill post up a diary.

Thanks to you all for helping me out with this, i really appreciate it.
    Last edited by badbillybob; 05-06-15 at 01:10 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

Upton (05-06-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Good luck to you Heizenburg and good thread lads
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (05-06-15), Upton (05-06-15)

Thanks

Well, it continues, everthing i need has been bought now.

Went with the 6000 litre Hailea,HX 8860 which i actually got for a decent price £45 quid delivered. I will start constructing the pipes tonite, but just loookin at the speed fit fittings, they are a fair old size.

I am off to B&Q to see if i can also get some speedfit pipe inserts, which will hopefully help prevent leaks. These little dooh daahs fit inside the end of the pipe, effectively stiffening it where it goes into the fitting, helpin to secure a leak free joint (it says here)
    Or i mite just buy a heap of glue fittings and punt these offf to ebay.

last stupid q of the day, how do i join the 22mm pipe to the pump outlet.DO i need some sort of rubber adaptor or something.
    I think thats it, cant think of any other questions just now, me brains frazzled enough as it is.

Mon the trees (aye, right lol)
    Last edited by badbillybob; 05-06-15 at 03:04 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

Upton (05-06-15)

Thanks

Use a flexible rubber coupler mate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (05-06-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,056 Times

sounds like a plan matey , looking foward to seeing you fire it up .... welcome to the club . G

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (05-06-15), Upton (06-06-15)

Thanks

Cheers lads, the build is underway. I wouldnt have got this far without your help and encouragement.

Ive all the pipes pretty much made up and connected to the totes .with just the returns to sort out once i move it all into my tent. I will be usin one of the tent iintake socks to put the feed pipes thru, with the return bein steered out the bottom of the door flap so as to keep it nice and low..
    I have some seeds soaking, and all bein well i should be ready to rock be the end of next week.

Hind sight is a fine thing, and if i was to do it again i would just use glue fittings on the spray bar, and probably used bigger totes. Would i be rite in thinkin that big totes would be easier to keep control of PH in, or is there any other advantaje in usin the larger ones (maybe ive developed some tote box size envy !!)
    Last edited by badbillybob; 05-06-15 at 10:37 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

G_UNIT (06-06-15), Upton (06-06-15)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast