Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: paper bag method?

Thanks

Default paper bag method?

will someone please tell me about the brown paper bag method for drying? Im looking into that or if you guys think my growing box would work with the light taken out and fans running. Any help would be very much appreciated!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter456 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-06-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

I've done the bag before, it works really well. Now I just put it behind my fan and let the air pull over it for 4 to 5 days, and then put it in a Jar, and burp for a week or two, until the outside of the weed feels dry to the touch, and the bud fells sticky when squezze, That is all the time it takes to cure, than it is just a matter of drying for months or years, the longer the better. It will dry faster in the brown paper bag though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

RossPa (14-06-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I've done the bag before, it works really well. Now I just put it behind my fan and let the air pull over it for 4 to 5 days, and then put it in a Jar, and burp for a week or two, until the outside of the weed feels dry to the touch, and the bud fells sticky when squezze, That is all the time it takes to cure, than it is just a matter of drying for months or years, the longer the better. It will dry faster in the brown paper bag though.
    thanks for the response but how do you do it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter456 View Post
    thanks for the response but how do you do it?
    Same way, just dry your bud a few days, than put them in the bag. Open the bag ever two or three days, just like you would burp the jars, but not as much, because the bag isn't seal proof, so don't need to change air as much.

Thanks

I will try this on next harvest. Seems simple

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 3G Lee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3G Lee View Post
    I will try this on next harvest. Seems simple
    And don't forget to shake the bag at least once a day, The buds touching the inside of bag, so they need mixing up a lot, where they will have equal time touching the bag. So keep it mix up real good.

Thanks

I have used the paperbag method to cure my buds this is how I go about it hang to buds to dry 7 to 14 days then when the stalks snap between thumb and finger cut the buds of the stalks then put in the bags the buds that is not the stalks put them in a dry cool place you may want to hang them or just tuck them in a draw or something (NEVER shake the bags ) this will make all the resin glands fall off or become damaged but every few day gently move the buds from the bottom to the top of the bag I like to leave them in the bags from anywhere from a month to 3 months then I will put them in a plastic bag or a glass jar (sorry to disagree with you here hotshot) but the worst thing you can do is use the fan to draw air over the buds you will dry them out to quick and they will still have a green taste and the thc will degrade if I could give you one tip it would be to try and dry your buds out slowly but not to slow or you may get mold the longer you take to dry the buds the better they will taste and the stronger they will be just think you spent 12/13/14 weeks to grow that great bud so spend the time to dry it properly because if not then in my eyes you have just waisted x amount of weeks growing that bud

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pappa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-15), Skunky n funky (01-08-15)

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pappa View Post
    I have used the paperbag method to cure my buds this is how I go about it hang to buds to dry 7 to 14 days then when the stalks snap between thumb and finger cut the buds of the stalks then put in the bags the buds that is not the stalks put them in a dry cool place you may want to hang them or just tuck them in a draw or something (NEVER shake the bags ) this will make all the resin glands fall off or become damaged but every few day gently move the buds from the bottom to the top of the bag I like to leave them in the bags from anywhere from a month to 3 months then I will put them in a plastic bag or a glass jar (sorry to disagree with you here hotshot) but the worst thing you can do is use the fan to draw air over the buds you will dry them out to quick and they will still have a green taste and the thc will degrade if I could give you one tip it would be to try and dry your buds out slowly but not to slow or you may get mold the longer you take to dry the buds the better they will taste and the stronger they will be just think you spent 12/13/14 weeks to grow that great bud so spend the time to dry it properly because if not then in my eyes you have just waisted x amount of weeks growing that bud
    You don't have to shake the bag so much, just put your hand in and mix them up, because if you don't the outside ones will over dry. JMO, and every thing I have ever read about. If you want to PM me with an address, I will send you some I have cured and dried, then you can judge my buds, but not before. Sorry buddy, never had a problem with fan drying or shaking my bag.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 01-08-15 at 11:42 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

pappa (01-08-15)

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    You don't have to shake the bag so much, just put your hand in and mix them up, because if you don't the outside ones will over dry. JMO, and every thing I have ever read about. If you want to PM me with an address, I will send you some I have cured and dried, then you can judge my buds, but not before. Sorry buddy, never had a problem with fan drying or shaking my bag.
    Or should I say tumbling softly. Seriously though, I believe you lose more thc on your hands, then just rolling the bag around a little.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

pappa (01-08-15)

Thanks

10 downing street
    London me and the boys will enjoy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pappa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-15)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast