Thread: Where's the trichomes?

Thanks

Default Where's the trichomes?

Great forum!

I've had several successful crops in the past using nothing but the absolute basics ( basics meaning miracle grow, no ph testing, no ppm meter etc) and bag seed; the results were actually pretty impressive.

Fast torward 12 years to the present, I built two seperate grow chambers: one veg room aprox 5x4x8 and one flower room aprox 15x7x7. The plants are started in 1inx1in rockwool cubes and transferred to 1gal plastic grow pots Filled with hydroton once established with roots. The plants are all drip feed from the top from a 25 gallon res, then once they are about 15in tall they are transferred to the flower room.

All the plants were grown from cuttings purchased from a very reputable clone merchant in San Fernando Valley. they were:
    OGxDiesel, Chemdog 91, Ogre Kush, Banana Kush, and several othersl

I am using a mix of nutes:
    Veg: advanced sensigrow a & b, mother earth tea grow, fulvic(from huvega) roots excelerator, Hygrozyme,barricade, vitamax from grotek

Flower: Connoisseur a & b, mother earth tea bloom, Big Bud, vitamax, barricade, and hygrozyme.....first week i use bood blood as well

So, using that set up I have now had three harvests all with one thing in common.....NO F"N TRICHOMES!!!! WTF am I doing wrong? I keep my ph btween 5.6 and 5.9 and my PPM i try to keep as close to 1000 as possible. I have the hardest time with the PPM's for various reasons, so the plants do seem to have fert burn (albiet not terribly) Something else I've noticed is that the roots of freshly harvested plants seem rather weak..that is despite the roots excelerator and hygrozym!!!

So i guess I'm wondering if there is a common cause for LOW trichome production. I seem to be putting in A LOT more effort now than I did 12 years ago, and my results are CRAP.

Thanks in advance for any ifo that may be useful, I'm totally stumped!!!

JP

Thanks

what lights u using?
    Everyone has the right to be stupid, Some people just abuse that right!!

My grow Diary

Thanks

I don't want to be a dick, and you sound like you know what your talking about.

But just to make sure, what is your understanding of a trichome? Where are looking for trichomes? Have you used a 30-100x scope? Are you looking at the flower heads or leaves or stalk? Are your plants in Flower?

Please give the specifics of your Grow Room set up, Equipment, Light Cycle, any important variables, Food, schedule... All the need to knows...

Are you getting enough oxygen to the roots, are you roots exposed to light at all? How warm is your solution?

Do you have any pics?
    Last edited by X_John-Smith_X; 10-08-09 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks

Not being a hydro man, most of that makes not a lot of sense to me, however i know that high humidity/low temps can reduce trichome production, to get a little more frosting on my buds I reduce the humidity down to about 30% (from approx 45-50%), and move the light a little closer, the added heat also helps to add trichs, they are protection from the elements i believe. I do this for the last two weeks, any longer and you risk completely drying the plant out.

Good Luck feller,

BB

Thanks

its got as much to do with the actual plant as much as enviroment..
    ive 2 got ready for the chop.. one of them has very little crystals, the other is like a winters morning.
    both plants raised in same conditions.. no explanation.. shit plant..