Thread: Can someone do me a favour? explain what run off is please

MrChedda. Guest

Default Can someone do me a favour? explain what run off is please

Easy dudes and duddettes, can someone explain to me about run on? Hows it work what does it tell me? Cheers guys appreciated for replys in advance

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

Water that runs out of your pots after feeding bro tell you what ec your girls are feeding at also helps you mange your ph

Up the irons

MrChedda. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The budda View Post
    Water that runs out of your pots after feeding bro tell you what ec your girls are feeding at also helps you mange your ph
    Cheers mate, so might sound dumb but how does that help me work out how much they should be feeding? Cheers buddy is it what goes back into the tank?

Thanks

if you are in coco, then the run off is ditched, and you should be lookin at around 10-20% of what you pour in to come out as run off.
    It tells you how the plant is feedin, because you are effectively flushin out yesterdays nutes, so if you had say 0.6 EC into the plant the day before, and you feed at 0.6 today, with the run off at 0.5, then the plant has used up the 0.1 Ec of nutes.

Thats my understandin of it anyway.
    I normally wait till my EC drops a few days on the trot before uppin the nute EC

If the EC drops for a few feeds it shows that they are hunjry, so you need to up the EC.

The PH should either stay the same, or rise as well if it is feedin.

Hope this makes sense.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

Spartak (22-09-20), The budda (22-06-15)

MrChedda. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heizenberg View Post
    if you are in coco, then the run off is ditched, and you should be lookin at around 10-20% of what you pour in to come out as run off.
    It tells you how the plant is feedin, because you are effectively flushin out yesterdays nutes, so if you had say 0.6 EC into the plant the day before, and you feed at 0.6 today, with the run off at 0.5, then the plant has used up the 0.1 Ec of nutes.

Thats my understandin of it anyway.
    I normally wait till my EC drops a few days on the trot before uppin the nute EC

If the EC drops for a few feeds it shows that they are hunjry, so you need to up the EC.

The PH should either stay the same, or rise as well if it is feedin.

Hope this makes sense.
    Cheers fella spot on reply thanks for help

Thanks

no problem, hope your adventure is succesfull

8. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post: