Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: when to burp?

Thanks

Default when to burp?

What on earth is burping a plant?

**edit

Stupid me , read the comments, lassie!
    Last edited by suburbanmom; 09-07-15 at 08:25 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suburbanmom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-15), M_C (12-07-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

ive been burping mine till they can sit for a few days at a level 55ish% and then i layout on net for a day n then i vacumm seal n freeze.

upon thaw,unseal very nice flavor n smell and ready for vapourising in iolite or if left hour or so in tin ready for smoko.

i do find it the most stressful time of growing shit though,spesh as my sense of smell isnt always reliable and ive had a few false alerts of that "alcoholly" smell which normally indicates doom.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by suburbanmom View Post
    What on earth is burping a plant?

**edit

Stupid me , read the comments, lassie!
    After they are dry enough to go into glass jars, usually 4 to 17 days, mostly 4 days, you take the top off for a few minutes several times a day, and let them get some air before closing them back up. After about two to three weeks of doing this, you can leave them in the jars without opening for week or so at a time. Some times you want to just take them out of the jars and let them set for an hour or so, and then put them back in. This keeps them from forming mold, and a this will dry them from the inside out. After a few months them are good to smoke, but 6 months and a 1year are a lot better, if you can wait that long. And don't forget to shake them around in the jar several times a day also, just to keep them mix up.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

M_C (12-07-15), suburbanmom (12-07-15)

Thanks

Lol made me laugh this

8. The Following User Says Thank You to highland420 For This Useful Post:

M_C (14-07-15)

Chew Guest

Hows the curing going MrChedda?

Im 9 days in, burped 3 times in total for around 10 mins each time, no mould issues at all. Hows about you?

Thanks

I've never cured before is it necessary

Thanks

Purchase a Caliber 3 digital hygrometer;
    >Remember to keep your crop in a cool dark space, with a dehumidifier (maybe)<
    Loosely pack your buds into jars. Burp the jar every day (take the lid off, and optionally cover with a paper bag) for about 15 minutes a day. But if moisture builds up in the jar burp it for 1-2 hours, do this also if the RH% keeps going up every few hours.
    Monitor the RH% of the jars with the Hygrometer at least twice a day and once its reached 60%-65% RH then its ready to smoke (Target 62%).
    Your friendly neighbourhood ShadowGrower

Thanks

Curing really does insure that the smoke is the nicest it can be, and that the bud has its full potential within its smoke, uncured weed is generally dampened shit that's impossible to smoke with a high that you will find disgusting, but that's my opinion due to past experience.

MrChedda. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chewey16 View Post
    Hows the curing going MrChedda?

Im 9 days in, burped 3 times in total for around 10 mins each time, no mould issues at all. Hows about you?
    Cheese alot better mate but stuck on drying rack the hazeberry can suck my nut tho all I can say lmao haven't had any mold issues either may of had something to do with how quick they dried that it mukkered the smell the highs alot lot lot better though however

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2