Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Save a noob,3rd time root rot

Thanks

Exclamation Save a noob,3rd time root rot

I have no idea,this grow is nightmare,whole rdwc is nightmare,3rd time i got root rot,one of plant is completely destroyed,and others,well something in the middle,i have no idea WTF is going on,some days ago roots where pearly white jumping,PERFECT ROOTS,i cured root rot 2 times,that means something,like im doing something right,my water is crystal clear,beneficial tea every 2 days,plants were kicking ass,no 2 days i went to 12/12,like the thread i made before,i fliped to 18/6 again,because my grow is FOOKED,and I dont understand whats going on,srsly,i recover until point where my root mass gets big and i get insta root rot again,PH - NO SWINGS,WATER - CRYSTAL,DEAD MATERIAL - NONE,EVERYTHING LOOKS PERECT,one thing that changed,IS,i ran out of hydroguard and just got my voodoo,AND WORST PART I CANT BACK IT UP,BECAUSE BEFORE ADDING VOODOO I DIDNT CHECK,BUT NOW THERES A BIG QUESTION,DID I GOT FOOKED AGAIN JUST BY SOME MIRACLE,OR THIS TIME I WAS ACTUALLY DOING EVERYTHING GOOD AND VOODOO JUICE FOOKED ME UP,voodoo strain roots brown,does anyone know if it has mollasses? if it does explains alot.HOW on earth can root rot strike if damn water conditions are perfect? wasnt I supposed to get PH SWINGS? temps about 70-72.And I have bunch of some freaking flies running on my roots inside DWC,AND IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE FUNGUS GNATS,WHAT ARE THOSE FREAKIN FLIES? FRUIT FLIES? MAYBE THEY ARE CAUSING ROOT ROT? Sorry for caps,im hopeless,I have no words what to say,3rd time root rot,I dont know I dont know,someone save me,im brewing teas bought stuff like hydroguard or GW,GW was causing RR too,so I bred without giving food for myco,anyway,wtf I dont know,any ideas.BUCKETS ARE LIGHT PROOF,if they werent,Id get slime first and PH swings no? I dont understand anything,this is some magic stuff,worst part if i knew voodoo fked me up,ok,but now i still have no idea who hit me,10 buckets,8000lph quality expensive air pump,2 airstones in each bucket no light leaks,tell me,someone please tell me,what ay fak,this looks hopeless to me.and always when roots get huge,it hits,ok not enough water circulation,but how can you have enough when roots swallow damn airstones? Its impossible to have bubbles all the time.
    Last edited by Jerry Weeds; 16-07-15 at 03:27 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Two things come to mind, high rez temps or low humidity which will affect potassium uptake and that will weaken plants immune system

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Upton (16-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    Two things come to mind, high rez temps or low humidity which will affect potassium uptake and that will weaken plants immune system
    rez temp 70-72 roo humidity 70-80

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,172 Times

At 72f the water temps are to high and the higher it gets the less dissolved oxygen is available to the roots. If you want to save the next grow get a chiller and set it at 64f (temps are measured inside the chiller), that should keep things sweet but with 10 pots you'll need a big fucking chiller. Also, each pot is only getting around 800lph and we recommend 1500l per pot as a minimum.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

Billy Cotton (16-07-15), M_C (16-07-15)

Thanks

My advice would to be chunk that DWC setup and go to dirt until you can figure out how to grow the plant itself. Once you get that figured out, then you can go back to trying the hydro. The terms "new grower" and "hydroponics" very rarely every go together without major issues. Learning to the grow the plant is enough to keep you busy for several months without adding the complication and frustration of learning hydro at the same time. Most people who start out with hydro and have never done any serious growing....end up totally confused and frustrated just like you are right now. TWW

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Widow White For This Useful Post:

Buster (18-07-15), ggotch (16-07-15), M_C (16-07-15), Rogaty (05-09-15), Upton (16-07-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,172 Times

Good advice WW and welcome to the forum

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (17-07-15)

Thanks

From one noob to another.... get your self a wilma 8 pot these are a piece of piss to use fucking fool proof.... so long as you have a ph pen and ec pen your laughing.... most people read to much into the ins and outs growing weed.... keep it simple and keep it clean and go easy on the nutrients...

SENSI SKUNK#1 SCROG GROW

“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.”

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billy Cotton For This Useful Post:

Bostin (06-08-15), Jesse Pinkman (17-07-15), M_C (18-07-15)

Thanks

In my opinion any system that has a flooded root zone, while able to grow monster plants, seems to have the most issues with rot if not dialed in. I have had root rot once and it was a dwc setup. As upton says a chiller is probably the key or a different non flooded setup. I run res temps typically around the low 70's with sprayers and beni's. If you dont want to throw in the towel just yet re hydro try some other method. All my setups are DIY for $150 and that includes everything and as a nonus no air pump required.

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by The Widow White View Post
    Learning to the grow the plant is enough to keep you busy for several months without adding the complication and frustration...
    It took me quite a bit longer than 'several months' to learn the plants. Still learning after 16 years.

My problem is autism, there are several levels and I can function around the fringes of society. But my viewpoints are skewed and plants in dirt make my mind go completely blank. I stare at the dying plants and even simple tasks like when and how much water are completely beyond me. Any plants I ever grew in dirt died, each and every one regardless of species.

But my unstoppable fixation on light in general and plant/light interaction in specific compelled me to keeps trying to use light to make plants grow for years. 1999, I was gifted with three plants in synthetic media with an HID and three jugs of chemicals.

All my dreams came true that month. Directions, explicit directions..this much concentrate in this much water, pH kept at this level, TDS at that. Temps, humidity, when to water, how many umols of photons, wavelength ratios, air movement, everything...I can follow directions and suddenly the plants stayed alive and healthy.

All the above rambling to say that who you are affects how you grow. I have met growers that are 'WTF' when they hear I don't use dirt, they tried hydro and it failed them completely, just like me and dirt.
    Try different methods until there is a fit, the end product is the same.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phaeton For This Useful Post:

Bostin (06-08-15), M_C (18-07-15), Rogaty (05-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    Try different methods until there is a fit, the end product is the same.
    ^^^^ wot he said!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast