Thread: Negative reaction to concentrated oil.

Thanks

Exclamation Negative reaction to concentrated oil.

Hello all you beautiful people! New here. I have been a regular cannabis user for about 16 years and have never come across this before so I need help! I take a high THC/high CBD concentrated oil for pain management and recently I gave a smaller dose capsule to my girlfriend for her chronic pain. It made her hurt all over and basically incapacitated her for almost 2 days. I've heard people can be allergic to cannabis but she's smoked herb and hash and I use a super heavy concentrated salve on her topically that help the pain with no negative effects. So, has anyone ever seen this? Could it have something to do with the way the RSO oil is processed? Or the fact it's being digested? I'd like to try a tincture for her instead but I'm afraid it may do the same thing.

ganjagunman Guest

Strange one. Ive smoked for about 10-12 years never had any ill effect until i ate a slab of dope cake 2 weeks ago and puked and shit my ring up through the night

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyGirl View Post
    Hello all you beautiful people! New here. I have been a regular cannabis user for about 16 years and have never come across this before so I need help! I take a high THC/high CBD concentrated oil for pain management and recently I gave a smaller dose capsule to my girlfriend for her chronic pain. It made her hurt all over and basically incapacitated her for almost 2 days. I've heard people can be allergic to cannabis but she's smoked herb and hash and I use a super heavy concentrated salve on her topically that help the pain with no negative effects. So, has anyone ever seen this? Could it have something to do with the way the RSO oil is processed? Or the fact it's being digested? I'd like to try a tincture for her instead but I'm afraid it may do the same thing.
    Could she have been overdosed and the negative mental effects manifested physically - or as you say could it have been a reaction to whatever you used to extract the oil?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

[QUOTE=GallifreyGirl;1070207632 I take a high THC/high CBD concentrated oil[/QUOTE]

Although you reduced the dose, it could still easily be beyond another persons tolerance...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

DrCannaP (19-07-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 5 Times

She may be bothered with something else in the preparation of the cap that her digestive system couldn't tolerate.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Default Negative reaction to concentrated oil.

I agree with M_C above. Also, although I am not saying the higher dose IS what brought about the effect described above, I have experienced a similar effect the first time I used MMJ.
    The first time I ever smoked mj, I had already been suffering severe muscle spasms in my neck and upper back for years and in therapy for about 6 months into a year. Not wanting to take any more prescription muscle relaxants and pain killers, I agreed to take a couple hits from my friend's J when he begged me to try it emphasizing he wouldn't never get me into something that wasn't right (I was ignorant to anything cannabis related). Well long story short I dosed more than I can handle and the muscle spasms and pain became worse to the point I passed out shortly after. I even felt the nerves shooting and vessels pumping in all of my 28 teeth.
    Is her pain related to muscle spasms? Is my experience anyway similar to hers?
    Btw I do notice that some strains, when not dosed correctly, will tense my neck and shoulders a little! Usually sativas or sat. dominant hybrids (Indica, if you are following the new nomenclature; [sorry I mistakenly typed afghanica, which used to be Indica, before I edited it]) that are harvested early, which also tend to give ya some palpitation and racing thoughts, and the ones that tense up my neck and upper back muscles when dosed slightly higher than usual.
    I really hope this helps!
    Oh btw the effect you described does not fit for a true allergic reaction
    Last edited by DrCannaP; 19-07-15 at 11:12 PM.
    Check out my current TriStrain grow