Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hydro tent kit.

Thanks

Question Hydro tent kit.

Hi there, starting a small grow to keep the costs of oil down in my brothers cancer treatment. I purchased a kit that contains the following....
    100x100x200cm Grow Tent
    600w Dual Spectrum HPS Light Kit
    4 Plant!T DWC Hydroponic Grow System
    PH Up/Down + PH Testing Kit
    Canna Grow + Bloom Plant Nutrients
    2x Plug in Timers
    Hydrometer
    Hydroponic Pebbles.

After setting this all up i now have a few questions if anyone could kindly help?

1. Due to the eves in the roof i was forced to cut 20cm off the tent poles (just letting the tent be a little saggy in the middle) The light supplied in this kit for the size of tent was 600w from growgenius. would i need to get a 400w light now as the reduced height?

2. Upon setting up the carbon filter and fan extraction system the instructions with the fan showed a thermostat built into it, tho there is none on the fan. Do i need a thermostat?

3.Im guessing theres no need for an intake fan system as there wasnt any with the kit and upon a little research they only seem to be for bigger grows? Would there be any need for a clip on fan for inside the tent? Or isit a matter of keeping an eye on the tent tempature and going from there?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by M_C; 22-07-15 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,419 Times

1- i don't think you need to change your light as long as the temps stay in check and it doesn't burn the plants.

2- the thermostat is good for controlling the fan speed. Some people use them, most don't. I just let my fan run full bore all the time.

3- you don't need intake fan, you can just open one of the vents and get a decent amount of negative pressure. You'll definitely want a fan in the tent, probably one blowing across the plants and one for the light, unless you have a cool tube or vented hood on your light.
    "the only stupid question is the one not asked " - Einstein

Tip - If you ever need to check trichs and don't have a loupe, turn a pair of binoculars around

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeytonManning For This Useful Post:

Buster (23-07-15), Marko_lfc (22-07-15), M_C (22-07-15)

Thanks

Thats great thanks, ill purchase a couple of clip on fans for inside then, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PeytonManning View Post
    1- i don't think you need to change your light as long as the temps stay in check and it doesn't burn the plants.

2- the thermostat is good for controlling the fan speed. Some people use them, most don't. I just let my fan run full bore all the time.

3- you don't need intake fan, you can just open one of the vents and get a decent amount of negative pressure. You'll definitely want a fan in the tent, probably one blowing across the plants and one for the light, unless you have a cool tube or vented hood on your light.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marko_lfc For This Useful Post:

PeytonManning (22-07-15)

ganjagunman Guest

What fan do you have? Youll need something decent to work without a cooltube/air cooled hood in that tent, or something half as good if using a cooltube/hood

You can buy proper loft tents that have angled roofs to get over having to cut it down.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Marko_lfc (23-07-15)

Thanks

If you don't have any grow experience, you need to do some serious reading and research on this type of grow. Without a good basic understanding of how to grow the plant and all the issues that come along with it, it's impossible to know whether any problems you have are due to the plant or due to the hydro grow. Soil is a much more forgiving media for the new grower to start off with for those who don't know much about growing this stuff. I would find a few experienced growers on here who have a setup similar to mine and spend some time in their logs/journals. This will give you something to compare your grow to and there are lots of pictures too which are always a great help. I would also ditch the cheap pH test kit and order a pH pen. The test kits are not nearly as precise and the pH is WAY too important in a hydro grow to take any chances of it not being correct every time. An incorrect pH leads to root lockup and your plants can't take in any nutrition and will die fast in a hydro setup since all their nutrition is taken in through the water. I'm not trying to discourage you, just being real about what you're going to face when you start this. From what I understand, it takes at least a pound of excellent quality bud to make just a few ml. of THC oil, so if you're planning to make it you'll need to make sure your setup is large enough to handle the number of plants to yield that much at harvest. My husband uses the oil and it has been wonderful for him, so I know the benefits. Good luck with your grow. But make sure you get good solid info before you start so it doesn't stress you out too terribly bad. TWW

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Widow White For This Useful Post:

Marko_lfc (23-07-15)

ganjagunman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Widow White View Post
    If you don't have any grow experience, you need to do some serious reading and research on this type of grow. Without a good basic understanding of how to grow the plant and all the issues that come along with it, it's impossible to know whether any problems you have are due to the plant or due to the hydro grow. Soil is a much more forgiving media for the new grower to start off with for those who don't know much about growing this stuff.

I would find a few experienced growers on here who have a setup similar to mine and spend some time in their logs/journals. This will give you something to compare your grow to and there are lots of pictures too which are always a great help. I would also ditch the cheap pH test kit and order a pH pen. The test kits are not nearly as precise and the pH is WAY too important in a hydro grow to take any chances of it not being correct every time. An incorrect pH leads to root lockup and your plants can't take in any nutrition and will die fast in a hydro setup since all their nutrition is taken in through the water. I'm not trying to discourage you, just being real about what you're going to face when you start this. From what I understand, it takes at least a pound of excellent quality bud to make just a few ml. of THC oil, so if you're planning to make it you'll need to make sure your setup is large enough to handle the number of plants to yield that much at harvest. My husband uses the oil and it has been wonderful for him, so I know the benefits.

Good luck with your grow. But make sure you get good solid info before you start so it doesn't stress you out too terribly bad. TWW
    Paragraphs, please for the love of god, use paragraphs.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (22-07-15), Samwise Gamgee (23-07-15)

Thanks

Thanks for that tho its too late to turn back now, iv pretty much did nothing the past few days but read up on guides and journals ect and setup the kit. Theres 4 deep water culture pots in the kit but with it being first time im going to stick till 2. After reading up soil was the most forgiving but as we need bud fast and lots off it we went with this system and pretty confident we can achieve success. An ounce of good bud will produce 2-4 grams of concentrated oil. Could you maybe pm me about what it is your husband is treating and the sucess? My brothers girlfriendsg granda had liver and lung cancer, after 2 months using the oil it dissapeared in his lungs and now only a little bit in his liver. Hes having great sucess with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    What fan do you have? Youll need something decent to work without a cooltube/air cooled hood in that tent, or something half as good if using a cooltube/hood

You can buy proper loft tents that have angled roofs to get over having to cut it down.
    Not sure of the name as im out atm but this is the one here Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-23-01-58-11.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	303799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-23-01-58-11.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	303799

ganjagunman Guest

Ah, theyre not brilliant mate, okay as an intake fan or to use just with the carbon filter but id get a RVK or something or youl be having heat issues.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Marko_lfc (23-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Ah, theyre not brilliant mate, okay as an intake fan or to use just with the carbon filter but id get a RVK or something or youl be having heat issues.
    Its being used as an extraction with the carbon filter, whats a RVK is that another extraction fan or a fan for in tent? As i was planning on getting 2 air fans inside, one near the plants and one blowing onto the hood towards the carbon filter, its up in the loft would it help qith heat if i was to duct the extraction outside or is that just for smell purposes? Cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast