Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best hydro to use!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,172 Times

A wave pump?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

waterdawg12 (23-07-15)

ganjagunman Guest

Its the bubbling one with the blue sponge in the middle, pump and stone in one

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Upton (22-07-15), waterdawg12 (23-07-15)

Thanks

If you're looking for "easy" and "stress free," you better do a soil grow for your first one. Nothing about starting off with hydro and no growing experience is easy. Most who do end up pulling their hair out trying to figure out if their problems are issues with the plant or imbalances in the hydro setup. Grow a few off in soil first and then try the hydro and you'll understand what I'm saying here. Good luck whatever you choose. TWW

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Widow White For This Useful Post:

SMOKEYY92 (27-09-16), waterdawg12 (23-07-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Upton View Post
    The pumps provided with those cheap systems do not create enough surface agitation for a problem free grow, especially when the air-stones are encased by roots... in fact, they're shit

Judd.. if you modify your wilma get a Hailea V60 pump (60l per min) or similar and bin the drippers because the water pump will heat up the nutrient solution, just hand water until for a few days until the roots hit. Maybe also have the garland tray upside down so you can maximize the available space for the nutrient solution. And 4 plants will be better than 2.. 3 week veg and flip.

In my opinion growing in water is easy, if you have a chiller, without one I wouldn't bother.
    Cheers Upton, I already have a hailea v60, but its just used for mixing up my nutes at the second, I have just ordered some air stones so I can get it in the res for next grow, it came with a 10 port manifold so was looking at getting 10 airstones for it

I may have to look at a chiller, but probably wont need one until next grow. I have just managed to get a couple of the 6" hydro halo drippers as well, so will be using them going forward

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

waterdawg12 (23-07-15)

Thanks

Upton had a key point that may have been missed. The root rot will typically start in the middle of the root ball where there is less oxygen available. You need a powerfil pump to get that DO into the middle. You may see lots of bubbles but are they actually getting onto the middle of the roots? Great point upton!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2