Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rdwc/spray bars ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Default Rdwc/spray bars ?

hello all I just want to pick the brains of any of you Rdwc experts I am currently using single oxy pots with a small pump in each to create a waterfall effect I am getting a new system and was wondering if I could do something like make spray bars of any way to get the waterfall/spray efect also I understand that I should aim for 1500 lph per pot but would a 6500 lph pump do the job. If this can be done I would be very grateful for any advice here's a couple pics

Thank you and best wishes
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

If you get root rot or algea it will spray upper roots and infect,keep this in mind.And they will clog fast enough if you go with bennies.And if pump is quality should be GOOD for 5 buckets

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Weeds For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-08-15)

Thanks

First if you have root rot the pump spreading it is the least of your worries, its already spread. Secondly I use beanies and have never had a problem with plugged spray heads but yup probably depends on the product used. And having never ran RDWC not sure how it all works but does the fill pipe not create the water fall in each pail? You are planning on putting a pump in each pail? Would you not be better off using a air stone in each pot and one big ass air pump? Fyi I run a LPS set up and never use air pumps, I've found they can really screw with my PH so try to not use them in any of my setups.
    Last edited by waterdawg12; 06-08-15 at 11:44 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-08-15)

Thanks

Thanks guys I was just going to somehow use the one big pump and ruin tubing to each pot and then still have air stones in each pot also i am running bennies in my current oxy pots and they don't seem to be clogging so I hope that should be fine thanks again
    Redz

Thanks

i am in the middle of puttin a system tojether, and would not boother with the airstones.
    if you are usin spray bars, they will be fine for creatin loads of dissolved oxyjen.
    And airstones fuck your PH up.
    i have a 6000 litre pump, which is connected to a manifold, with 8 pipes , one to each bucket (all pipes the same lenjth, to equalise pressure/ flow.
    i would definitely run a cooler tho, and dependin on the size of your system, id buy hailea , either HC300 or 500.
    i am doin 8 plants in 2 tents and am havin 6 No. 64 litre totes and 2 No. 42 litre ones, the 64's will have around 40 litres of nutes in them and the 42's around 30 litres, then the res will have 60 odd litres, which is a total of 340 litres, so i would be pushin it with a HC 300. i went for a 500, but its a fair whack (around 400 quid)
    you would also be cheaper doin it yourself, with tank connectors 40mm, storaje boxes (black to keep the lite out of the roots), push fit pipes and fittins.
    upton and Thor are the resident experts, and will keep you rite if u decide to do it.

the plants fly thru vej if done in water, its a shocker to be honest how fast they develop.

do it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-08-15)

Thanks

Hey heizenberg I know I should build a system but due to a couple issues I'll have to go with the planned system as for the spray bars are they solid tubing or flexible I was going to use say 13 mm tube to each pot I do have a chiller I got the 300a model the way I see it it's gonna be a learning curve whatever I do lol good luck with the system mate I'll look out for your grow best of luck
    Rrdz

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,172 Times

At least let us have a look about for a better system for ya, or why not ask someone to build you a system, its easy, some boxes, a few holes, some tank connectors, some pipe and a waterpump.. we can provided the parts list.. Those systems cost far too much and then you have to modify it, fuck that.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

MrG (06-08-15), redisiel (06-08-15)

Clunge Muncher Guest

Listen to the man ^^^^^ he knows his shit...
    (Not bigging you up like &#128522.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clunge Muncher For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-08-15), Upton (06-08-15)

Thanks

Hey guys you know what that sounds like a plan and it ain't rocket science I know so a parts list would be real handy
    I don't want to go too big on the pots though say 35 litre or something still getting my head around getting enough water dechlorined to refill for a res change.
    I was thinking about filling the bath the night before but my bath would empty it's self in a few hours that's the problem

I'll carry this on in my diary Upton matey
    Thanks for popping in clings and I'll be taking all the advice I can get mate

Thanks

f you are runnin a sterile system, you can use chlorinated water.
    i dont de chlorinate my waterin my dwc system. it helps kill any slime, but i dont use bennies
    for a build thread, check out jrandads rdwc 2 pot system

16. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-08-15)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast