Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need all the advice I can get planning a stealth grow!!

Thanks

Lightbulb Need all the advice I can get planning a stealth grow!!

Hi guys it's going to be a long while before I start my first ever grow because I want to be fully prepared and be at least 70% confident I wont kill my plants haha

Ive got a bigish 3 door drawer which I'm thinking of starting a stealth grow in it will be in my living room but isn't much of an issue since its just me and the lad but until I get out of rented need a stealth grow.

Here's the plan inside each cupboard the measurments are Height 56cm Width 37cm Depth(?) 42cm incase the writing is tiny.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	how it is now.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	304983

I know I know, it looks like shit, I'm not an artist but no camera and want to get my thoughts out there. Its on wheels, very sturdy and not being used for much accept the mans Desktop PC

So heres my plan so far!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the plan so far.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	304984

Now this is first draft and the black space is me just cutting down half of the wall inside that one (hoping it will keep the temp up but may just be my brain telling me bullshit again haha). I have no idea what size carbon filter I need but I'm willing to save for the right one for the smell to be muted as much as it can be, I live in a roughish area and the smell will attract unwanted guests. Im not as worried about the fan noise because the desktops fan is already loud and a common noise in the flat haha

I think thats about all I have at the moment but let me know if you have any thoughts Ill try and get some pictures of it tomorrow but its dark wood inside at the moment (will be painted a flat white) so difficult to see.

Thanks for reading and hope my artistic skills at least gave you a giggle!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meowmew92 For This Useful Post:

Blue (03-08-15), satnavsatnav (03-08-15), Valentina (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Hi meow welcome to THC
    I'd suggest using cfl lighting in such a small stealth cupboard as it looks like you haven't got much height to play with and I think a Hps will cause you heat problems,as well as take up all the space with the reflector once in position.

the smallest rhino filter you can get is a 4" which might fit within the cupboard as you have drawn it, which fans do you plan to use? as you will also need to connect a fan to this filter with ducting which will pull any unwanted smells through the filter then send clean air out the ducting at the other end.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

meowmew92 (04-08-15), M_C (04-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

well you have a plan thats a good start, A 4" rhino should cover that You dont have a lot of height to play with so might be good for led lighting and it would help with temps aswell Good luck with it mate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to satnavsatnav For This Useful Post:

meowmew92 (04-08-15)

Thanks

Hi and thanks WellBlue

I see your point wouldn't want to fry them haha what type of watt would you suggest? its only for two plants for the first run and max 4 after that. The fans are the only thing I haven't really looked at yet and I dont mind making it bigger for better circulation I'll have to do some research.
    Thankyou

Thanks for putting my nerves at ease Satnav haha the smell is my biggest concern Im only one girl with my burglar bat and round here they will break in if they think you have a baggie haha and I will have to do some research on leds but heard they are pricey think they might be when I can afford an upgrade

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meowmew92 For This Useful Post:

Blue (04-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Both HPS & LED require heights from the canopy that you just do not have so, plus one on CFL

Two plants is going to be your absolute limit in there, don't even try four
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue (04-08-15), meowmew92 (04-08-15)

Thanks

Hi M_C

So I'm best off with the CFL and two will do for me haven't even started yet and I'm already setting my bar too high haha
    I'm wanting to do an indica and sativa both will be autoflowering ones since it's my first grow but I've seen that the normal style for a sativa is a tall plant. I've been noseying at LST but I dont know if would work.
    could do with a bit of both since ones for my insomnia and the other is for severe depression sick of paying crazy prices for my meds and getting messed around!

thanks for the advice so far guys!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Yes start nice and simple with CFL's. You can also look into led light strips they can help give the cfl's a bit of a boost. I would stick to indica if you are running autos. If you were running photo I would say go with a sativa but autos don't train like a photo does and a sativa would be a stuggle IMHO. You can find a indica strain or maybe a stealth hybrid that will cover insomnia and depression I am sure. Look into higher CBD's. The set up looks stellar and excited to see a journal kick off.

Look into Lowryder Auto's
    Last edited by Skunky n funky; 04-08-15 at 03:45 AM.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

EdibleAl (05-08-15), meowmew92 (04-08-15), M_C (04-08-15)

Thanks

Thanks for the help Skunky and funky
    I think I will stick with auto indicas for my first run through and then when Im ready for the next step Ill try a good basic sativa and indica.
    I'm thinking after this run if height comes an issue I could cut through the drawers on top and get more intricate but that will be another time since I know that they would probably give me a bit more room but would need to think about what I can and cant saw out of the structure The journal is definitely going to take a while but wanted to document things from the very start.
    Once I start working on it I will be uploading plenty of pics to show my poor DIY skills haha

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meowmew92 For This Useful Post:

Blue (04-08-15), Skunky n funky (04-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by meowmew92 View Post
    Hi and thanks WellBlue

I see your point wouldn't want to fry them haha what type of watt would you suggest? its only for two plants for the first run
    i run a 125w blue cfl just to get the seedlings going then up it to a 300w blue cfl for the rest of vegging time.
    check out herbies seeds I think they have some short auto strains which might be ideal for you grow space.

Thanks

When I did my micro box (smaller than yours) I ran a 150 watt HPS in one of those glass tube reflectors and had it air cooled with a squirrel cage fan. This was near my computer so it gave me a reason to have a constant slight hum near the box at all times.

My plants used to be able to get very close to the bulb, but for safety I always trained my plants to keep them small and compact.

That being said, I think a CFL setup is great because it will minimize heat and you get maximize space.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast