Thread: bad leaves.. falling off,, burnt

Thanks

Default bad leaves.. falling off,, burnt

does anyone know the problem?The stem are brittle, i f i just touch them they break off,falling offClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0039.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	305526
    i use mostly peat moss and compost. rain water

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,783 Times

It looks like a Potassium (K) deficiency but I'd like to see a better pic first...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

andyman420 (09-08-15)

Thanks

That's not a lot of info to go on, but looks like a nutrient deficiency to me. You're plants need some food. When you grow in a container, the soil in the container will only carry you for so long. Once they use up the nutrients, they get hungry. Also, if you've not been monitoring the pH of the rain water, I suspect you have root lockup from continuous incorrect pH range. This is very important to a container grow so if you're going to grow healthy plants, you'll have to break down and invest in a decent quality pH pen. I say "decent quality" because most of the cheaper ones just aren't dependable and don't have a very long life. Go ahead and buy good equipment so you don't end up buying twice. Take your plant to the sink and flush it 3:1 tap water/gallon size of container with the last gallon going in properly pH'd. The correct range for soil is 6.3 to 6.7 with 6.5 being the optimum point. Let it sit for a few days and drain and get over the stress then give light feeding with nutrient solution that has been properly pH'd. A TDS or EC pen is something else you need. It's about a $20 investment but well worth the money since it tells you what your nutrient concentration is. Shouldn't go over 800 ppm for nutrient solution. I would also repot that plant into some decent soil since I don't think the stuff you're using is doing you much good. Formulated growing soil is best if you can get it, but if you can't, there are many good soil recipes on the internet that you can use to mix your own. Since you're growing a plant, soil is SUPER important and not having good soil just decreases your yield. If you're going to grow, you need a good basic understanding of these things: How to water your plant properly; the lift method. pH range/monitoring. Nutrients: I use a water soluble powder called "Jack's" by J.R. Peters that beats the heck out of these combo bottles where you have to mix 7 different liquids together. This stuff is a powder that takes about 5 mins to dissolve and that's it. You then pH the water and get a EC reading to make sure it isn't too strong and you're ready to go. You can also get enough of it to last a year or more for around $10. Just go to the J.R.Peters website and check it out. It's the cheapest, easiest, best option I know of at this point. I've been using it for about 8 months and my plants are healthier and more beautiful than they've ever been. Grow Media: You need to understand what a good mix should consist of and what it should not have in it. Lighting: A good understanding of what type of light the plant needs during what cycle of life. All these things work hand in hand for a successful grow and you'll save yourself a ton of stress by going ahead and getting your basic grow education right now...so you don't kill anymore plants. LOL Good luck! Let me know if I can help in any way. Others did it for me when I first started or I would've given up a long time ago! TWW

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Widow White For This Useful Post:

andyman420 (09-08-15), Swifty89 (12-10-15)

Thanks

i just checked the ph and it 6.4 rainwater,fresh and clean.
    not all plants are having this problem yet they are all treated the same ,in the same dirt, same food.same same.
    different strains,some plants healthy,others sickly. their only a few weeks old clones. i read cal mag may be the problem. it has only started recently, past 6 months

Thanks

Can any one help please my leafs are getting yellow patches and curling up and going crispy ... First grow ��

MrChedda. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theweedboss01 View Post
    Can any one help please my leafs are getting yellow patches and curling up and going crispy ... First grow ��
    Start a thread with pics and info mate lots.of.reason that could be happening just such a bitcb pin pointing unless experienced