Thread: Failed seelings

Thanks

Default Failed seelings

Hi there guys, seedlings have suddenly died on me now twice. Both at the same stage after 2nd set of leaves. Stem looks real weak/purple. Leaves curling upwards and dry! Root it cubes were dry this morning tho always kept moist, showed signs of dying when watered last night.

Would i be right in thinking that the 600w hps is too much at this young stage? And if so what bulb is reccomended for the seedling stage?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

I normally start mine über flourencents but have done seed grows from start to finish with a 600
    What sort of cubes do you have them in bro, keep the 600 about 24 inches above the tops

Up the irons

Thanks

Wink

I used a 400 watt CMH for clones but would keep it a full meter distant until three sets of leaves. A lot of that depends on the reflector but even with T5s a half a meter was plenty of light.

Something is drying out the seedlings, could be temperature of the bedding combined with temperature of the lights.

Thanks

Cheers lads, theyre in little 1" root it cubes that hsve been kept inside the little black pots the cubes come in.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marko_lfc For This Useful Post:

The budda (18-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

I have mine in soil straight away bro soon as I've got two separate roots they go in there first veg pot
    There's no food in root cubes bro

ganjagunman Guest

Look fried to me

I prefer the 1" rockwool cubes.