Thread: Humidifiers???

Thanks

Default Humidifiers???

I've just read about drying my bud on here and I honestly never took humidity into consideration. I usually hang my bud up in the groom, lights off, fans still on for about 3-4 days. The buds dry when it comes out but it smells like hay every single time. It still gets me stoned but it's not what you want when you go to the effort of growing it. So I've read that in the groom when drying it needs to be about 50% humidity and around 25 degrees (I may be wrong), I also read about cool and warm must humidifiers that can increase the temp and humidity at the same time. My question is how do these things work and would they solve my problem and if so what do I need and how much do they cost? Are there other alternatives? I cure my bud after its dry in Kilner jars burping them about 4 times a day and reducing it to once after a few week. It brings the bud on but it still smells sh*t. I just leave the jars in a cool cupboard while they cure. I think my problem is what is happening in the groom. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Thanks

What you are aiming for is a nice slow dry. Temps at around 19 is good and good humidity of 50%. If room is too hot it will dry out too quick. Same with humidity if the air is too dry it will suck the moisture from your buds and if it is too humid can lead to bud rot and they wont dry. I keep lights off and use my fan controller to regulate humidity. Temps with lights off are normally 17-20. Once you can get this right you will be on the way to the best smoke you can get.

ITs a trail and error to see what works best for you and how to dial it in right for those 4-7 days. But what you really want is good air movement and a nice slow even dry. You can experiment with leaving more leaves and stems on when you dry to help with conditions. more foliage left on and on the stems will take longer to dry, good to use if your room is a bit warmer and dryer. Completely trim buds first and take of stems if your temps are a bit cooler and humidity is a bit lower. Again play with this to get it right for yourself.

Hope this helps.7

Oh yea and i never use humidifiers as i am not somewhere that is so dry where i need one. Would try to do it without one if possible and only use one if you really need it.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhiberCFC For This Useful Post:

ggotch (23-09-15), Jesse Pinkman (19-08-15), RedPowerRanger (18-08-15)

Thanks

Nice 1 mate I think I really need a speed controller as I don't have 1. Ill keep an eye on the humidity levels as well because I've never took it into consideration, now that I know I'll be able to sort it. Cheers mate

Thanks

Get a mistpro7 set humidy no fanning around with speed control to leaving stale air, set humidity on boom good air flow and humidity control

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

I dry it in the grow room inside a tent with extraction on full but after a recent whack of bud rot that i will put regular dehu n with em this time

Up the irons