Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: early yellowing leaves in flowering stage.

Thanks

Whats your res temp? Have you checked your roots, are they bright white? With that PH swing you got something else going on possibly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

ggotch (26-08-15)

Thanks

Hi everyone,

THanks for all the advice so far. I've ordered an EC pen which should be here tomorrow all being well.

The plant looks terrible today, all the leaves from the trunk are affected and now its heading to the branches.

I've been doing a bit more reading and thinking and I reckon that though it looks like N deficiency i think that the plant has completely locked out so it's completely deficient and it just looks like N deficiency because those signs are the easiest to spot. Would it be possible I locked them out by overfeeding the first dose of bloom food? It always starts after the fist bloom dose. If it is lockout is there any way to get it to unlock? I read that it might be a good idea to flush the salf from the plant, any opinions on that?

When I get my pen could someone point me to a good resource for determining what my levels should be? Also, how am I able to tell if it requires bloom or grow food, or a combination of both?

Mr North: Thanks mate. I agree it would have been better to stage the introduction of the bloom food.
    waterdawg: Thanks for the information. How do i know if they want grow or bloom? Unfortunately I can't get any pics up currently. Unfortunately I don't monitor the res temp. The roots are not bright white, but do look pretty healthy. I don't see any rot issues. Yes, the huge PH swing is alarming and doesn't seem like N deficiency on it's own would react like that, which is what lead me to consider full nute lockout.

Sorry for all the questions guys, I really appreciate the help!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,323 Times

No worries mayne, im relatively new so know how all info/advice helps! Correct me if I'm wrong peeps, I believe that just by having the PH outta range will start locking things out...on top of that incorrect balance of nutes..there not gunna b happy😌. This really shed some light on things for me, hope its ok I share em
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	673e1ae3-00e7-43bc-a305-ccb7e4961215_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	307125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5289d20f-7860-41e6-b002-e7fb7b759a2c_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	307126  

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.North For This Useful Post:

pang (25-08-15)

Thanks

Without the pen your kinda shooting in the dark but if I was a betting man I would say roots may be a factor. A plant should be able to develop fine without the use of a bloom nutrient and just a well balanced general nutrient. Its really hard to say what is happening but if your throwing the max recomended nures at it I doubt its a deficiency. Perhaps Bud has some more suggestions but the lack of info is a problem. 95% of hydro (flooded) sytems is desolved oxygen (lack of) and could be inside the root ball where its hard to get oxygenated fresh solution to circulate. You also may want to start using benies as well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (25-08-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waterdawg12 View Post
    Without the pen your kinda shooting in the dark but if I was a betting man I would say roots may be a factor. A plant should be able to develop fine without the use of a bloom nutrient and just a well balanced general nutrient. Its really hard to say what is happening but if your throwing the max recomended nures at it I doubt its a deficiency. Perhaps Bud has some more suggestions but the lack of info is a problem. 95% of hydro (flooded) sytems is desolved oxygen (lack of) and could be inside the root ball where its hard to get oxygenated fresh solution to circulate. You also may want to start using benies as well.
    What are benies?

I could always try not switching to bloom food next time as it seems to cause all the trouble and they grow fine until that point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.North View Post
    No worries mayne, im relatively new so know how all info/advice helps! Correct me if I'm wrong peeps, I believe that just by having the PH outta range will start locking things out...on top of that incorrect balance of nutes..there not gunna b happy��. This really shed some light on things for me, hope its ok I share em
    I believe this is true, yes. In fact, Ph seems to be the most quoted reason for nutrient lockout. However, I do try to stay on top of the ph and if it goes out of range overnight then i'll set it straight the next day so it's never out for long. The Ph swings only started after the visible symptoms showed.

I saw that chart you posted a little while back and shifted my target ph from 5.5 to 5.8 as it seemed better for all round uptake.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pang For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (25-08-15)

Thanks

Benificial bacteria, some, including me, use them as opposed to running a sterile res. to keep root rot at bay.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pang View Post
    What are benies?

I could always try not switching to bloom food next time as it seems to cause all the trouble and they grow fine until that point.
    You could try adding both in half quantities or different ratios or a totally different product, never tried gh nutes (flora series) but hear good stuff.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

only asking as theres no mention of it,have you got air pump feed into res?

tbh i cant even picture what setup is,light on info really,but its symptons to me would be not enough oxygen in water and now rootrot.

pfer,nope cant go anymore,simply not enough info for me,could as easily be a microgrow in an electric toaster to me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (29-08-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    only asking as theres no mention of it,have you got air pump feed into res?

tbh i cant even picture what setup is,light on info really,but its symptons to me would be not enough oxygen in water and now rootrot.

pfer,nope cant go anymore,simply not enough info for me,could as easily be a microgrow in an electric toaster to me
    Yeah, that's fair enough! I wasn't really sure what to provide, sorry. I am using an airpump+airstones. It's DWC. Im not sure what else you'd want to know. Hopefully I can update with some ec readings soon, which could help.

I looked at root rot but it doesn't seem to match any of the symptoms, beyond the yellowing leaves. The roots look fine and are just slightly off-white. The PH goes up rather than down as root rot tends to do. No slimy roots or rotting odour, and no red/black looking root collar.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pang For This Useful Post:

ggotch (28-08-15)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast