Thread: heat tube for grow tent.

Thanks

Default heat tube for grow tent.

Now the summers winding down I'm looking to get a heat tube for my grow tent cause my house gets very cold in the colder weather. My tent is just under 3 feet square and 5 feet tall. Which tube heater should I get an 1 or 2 foot one. Thank you guys.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

My tent is a tiny bit smaller than yours and I have a 1' tube with thermostat. It does the job ok but with low wattage led you could use a 2' probably more efficiently. What lighting are you running?
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    My tent is a tiny bit smaller than yours and I have a 1' tube with thermostat. It does the job ok but with low wattage led you could use a 2' probably more efficiently. What lighting are you running?
    Hi there I'm using hps 400 watt lights from seed to finish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hammerman1000 For This Useful Post:

bigjaw (27-08-15)

Thanks

1 ft will be fine for you I'd say, you will more than likely only want it on during lights off. If you have ducting from your intake fan, place the end of this ducting round one end of your heat tube, and it will keep the air in your tent at the temp you want.

Thanks

I was looking at em on ebay and the ones I seen have a thermostat but not in.temp like just a dial. Does your have a set temp pal.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hammerman1000 View Post
    I was looking at em on ebay and the ones I seen have a thermostat but not in.temp like just a dial. Does your have a set temp pal.
    There's no digital display or anything, you have to use a thermometer to gauge it. I turned it up full and left it for a while to see what the temp was then turned it down in stages until the temperature stayed at 22 consistently. It's a bit of an arse but seems to work OK. Once it's dialled in it switches on/off by itself

Thanks

There's no digital display or anything, you have to use a thermometer to gauge it. I turned it up full and left it for a while to see what the temp was then turned it down in stages until the temperature stayed at 22 consistently. It's a bit of an arse but seems to work OK. Once it's dialled in it switches on/off by itself
    What temp was it reaching turned on full. I seen on ebay u can get thermostats u plug em into where u set the temp.