Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide To Watering

Thanks

Leave it in your G room if possible that way there's no shock to the plant as your feed will be the right temp pal

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sshuggyb For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

i do leave it in there like but is nutes not light sensitive

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rapid7 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18)

Thanks

Ooh dunno about that but if you leave your water in there then nute and PH just before feeding all will be top banana

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sshuggyb For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    Figuring out when to water your plants can be tricky, especially for new growers, so hopefully this quick thread will help.

After over-feeding, the most common cause of plant failure is over-watering! The roots need air as well as water and should not be constantly drenched. The symptoms of over-watering are unfortunately very similar to under-watering... the plants wilt, the leaves and branches sag, brown patches appear on the leaves, the roots start to rot and if left untreated the plants die.

How often should i water the plants and how much should i give them?

There is no definite answer as it depends on many things:.. warmth of the grow-room, the light's used and distance from the plants, humidity, size of pots, growing medium (soil) and various other factors.

There are a few things to look for when deciding when to water:
    * Is the pot very light? - Around 90% of the weight of compost is water, so if the pot is light and much easier to pick up than normal, a watering is needed.

* A gap around the edge of the soil in the pot? - Soil shrinks as the water is used up, so a gap around the edge of the soil is a good sign that water is needed.

*Does the soil stick to a pencil? - Gently push a long pencil into the edge of the soil in the pot, if it is not damp with bits of moist compost stuck to it when you take it out, then a watering is needed.

* Wilting? - A plant will wilt (droop) when it needs watering, usually starting at the lower leaves working up the plant. If your plant is wilting then a watering is urgently needed.

How Much?

Again this can vary dramatically depending on pot and plant size etc, but what most growers do is:.. with a tub/tray under your pot, water *slowly* until the surplus runs from the drainage holes at the bottom of the pot... allow the pot to stand in the surplus water for 10 minutes to soak up any more that is needed before emptying out the run-off tub.

The smaller your pots the less water you will need to give... a little 4" starter pot for seedlings may only need watering once a week with half a pint of water, whereas a 10 Litre pot holding a big plant may need 3 or 4 litres of water 2 or 3 times a week!
    Remember, wait until the pot is light and the compost dry before watering again, and just because the top inch of soil is dry doesn't mean that the soil around the roots is!

As with feeding your plants, a good rule of thumb when watering is: better to give less than too much!

Hope that helps a few of ya!

Peace.
    Nice thread grub , gd advice

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladyz4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18), Grub (25-07-12)

Thanks

Default Neuts for a new grower

hey guys this ma first post so please bear with me lol. al try give u as much info as poss. currently in my 1st grow which is in 6th week of flower. im growin 4 big buds in coco (11l pots) in a ds150 grow tent. inside is a 600w hps light and 4" fan in and 6" carbon filter.

heres the story - i have been feeding my ladies with inonic coco (grow,bloom,boost) the whole way through sticking to which it says on the bottle. during flower its 7ml bloom, 1ml boost and 0.5ml liquid oxygen per 1 litre. my friend has been keeping me right the whole way through and decided to nip in n hav a look. as this my 1st time i didnt know wat to expect size wise. as he was looking he said they were really on the small side and explained they were prob only 1/4 of the size. the ladies are smelling really nice and the crystils r gleeming. he said to double up on the feed next time and should get better result nxt time. am a bit wiery tho as am sure this would b far to much and the ladies would struggle really early on. is there any tip on bulking up the plant/buds for next time??? im goin to go for soil next time and see if there is a difference this time round.

once again guys any feedback or comments are really appreciated

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WonderDave For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18)

Niles Guest

Ok so a qiuck question for the whole watering thing. I am thinking that I might have umm over watered one of Sheila's plants that she has out side. I had tured on the water in the back yard in the morning then went walkabout and got lost in this web site. lol Nice site btw. any how went out back later that evening and was like "Oh bugger" lol Needless to say that poor plant is so water logged I am concerened for it. I poured out what I could from the drain tray. Is there much else I can do or should I just let be and see how it goes?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDave View Post
    hey guys this ma first post so please bear with me lol. al try give u as much info as poss. currently in my 1st grow which is in 6th week of flower. im growin 4 big buds in coco (11l pots) in a ds150 grow tent. inside is a 600w hps light and 4" fan in and 6" carbon filter.

heres the story - i have been feeding my ladies with inonic coco (grow,bloom,boost) the whole way through sticking to which it says on the bottle. during flower its 7ml bloom, 1ml boost and 0.5ml liquid oxygen per 1 litre. my friend has been keeping me right the whole way through and decided to nip in n hav a look. as this my 1st time i didnt know wat to expect size wise. as he was looking he said they were really on the small side and explained they were prob only 1/4 of the size. the ladies are smelling really nice and the crystils r gleeming. he said to double up on the feed next time and should get better result nxt time. am a bit wiery tho as am sure this would b far to much and the ladies would struggle really early on. is there any tip on bulking up the plant/buds for next time??? im goin to go for soil next time and see if there is a difference this time round.

once again guys any feedback or comments are really appreciated
    i add a teaspoon of molasses per gallon to my water every other time. something about feeding microbes in the soil? ive never done without but my buds have always been full.
    and when i first read about it the thread said buds would be 20% larger.
    good luck my dude.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to crondolissarice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18)

Thanks

some good plain advice there grub nice one..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to captaincigarrete For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18)

Simon Champion! Brighton Bounty Champion! Apple Hunt Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,780 Times

Quote Originally Posted by captaincigarrete View Post
    some good plain advice there grub nice one..
    some good plain advice there grub nice one
    ome good plain advice there grub nice one
    u tryin to get 100posts? no need to spam mate-post some tunes or some jokes ffs

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Sindigo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18)

Thanks

Hey there I noticed you mentioned mothers, that is my plan ... I have selected a non autoflowering non feminised* seed to start from, so if I am understanding this correctly:

I should pot her up like normal (for 3 weeks)
    then swap her over into a bigger container (as normal again...) but never let her see dark,

then I simply clip off the extremetities that are growing to big for the housing and use those as my clones?

* There is not a feminised version I can find, I will of course root out the males as soon as they show and pick the strongest female
    Last edited by drdaemon; 01-09-12 at 12:33 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to drdaemon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-18)

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast