Thread: quick nute question

Thanks

Default quick nute question

Hey all. Im New to the forum, after a 10 yr break I'm back at my fav hobby this time round I'm using the oxypot setup. My friend that I have my grow with already has canna coco a+b that is used in veg and flower. The problem is were using only clay pebbles and that's all he has used before but used to be a Wilma system. He had ok results but surely I should ditch those n get proper separate veg and bloom? Anyone used canna coco in oxypots/bubbler?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,056 Times

can't say i have used coco nutes in a dwc but i did try using hydro nutes in coco and it went tits up . coco holds on to micro nutrients like calcium and probably others that i don't know about so you may find the levels may be higher in the coco nutes to compensate for that . if your worried get yourself a couple of bottle of ionic hydro grow and bloom , 8 quid odd a litre and i sware by it for dwc . they do a hard water and a soft water option depending on your tap water . G

Thanks

Cheers for the info. I was planning on using the canna aqua range, have you any experience with that?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Check out g-units diaries using ionic I should
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

Thanks

Had a look. I should have signed up here before buying the canna aqua, I said I was planning on using it but I already ordered it. Don't know if I should use it now I have it or ditch it for ionic.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oldskooltoker For This Useful Post:

Cunning (28-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by oldskooltoker View Post
    Had a look. I should have signed up here before buying the canna aqua, I said I was planning on using it but I already ordered it. Don't know if I should use it now I have it or ditch it for ionic.
    Canna will do the business too. It's more down to reading what the plants want and how good your environment.

I'm a sucker for spending way too much on flashy nutes but it's experience and environment that makes the difference

Thanks

The environment will be right for sure. I had a few grows in soil and an amazon hydro years ago but stopped. I was growing with another mate, the worst grower ever!! He Messed around with nutes, temp went up towards 40°c sometimes, humidity was either too high or too low, everything was just an "it'll do" attitude. I still managed to get 16Oz average of 4 plants vegged for 4 weeks, I say I as I was the only one learning n gaining knowledge n being bothered. I soon gave up with him. I'm now back with another mate n he's letting me off the leash so to speak lol. I have everything spot on at the min got 2 knockout (2 others failed germ) and a white widow. I'm going to veg a littler longar than planned to try n get the same yield. All plants will be topped, the knockout will be topped twice n slight lst'd n the widow topped once. I'm doing this as the ko is unfortunately a weekish infront of the widow due to the 2 ko failures. Hopefully the widow will catch up n I'll get a good even canopy. As stated I'm using 4 bubble pots, only nutes will be canna aqua veg and flores and house & garden root excelurator. Just thought I'd stick to the basics.

Do things sound ok? Anything anyone want to add?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oldskooltoker For This Useful Post:

Cunning (28-08-15)

Thanks

Just to let you know I have had great luck using H&G Aqua Flakes but it is rather pricey although I use half the recommended amount. Just make sure you keep temps down and lots of bubbles. Have you given any thought to wether or not sterile or benies to stave off any root issues?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,056 Times

Sounds good mucker . If you wanna make thd most of then try my training guide below . G