Thread: Camera in grow tent

Thanks

Default Camera in grow tent

Hi guys, I am considering getting a camera in my tent so I can check on my girls anytime I want. Do any of you guys already have a camera ? My thought are get a camera that I can remotely connect to and view what's going on with my phone. Is there such a thing ? If so how would I go about purchasing and setting this up ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish_Grower View Post
    Hi guys, I am considering getting a camera in my tent so I can check on my girls anytime I want. Do any of you guys already have a camera ? My thought are get a camera that I can remotely connect to and view what's going on with my phone. Is there such a thing ? If so how would I go about purchasing and setting this up ?
    If you have an IPad and iPhone or 2 Samsung devices you can download the app Presence and hook it up that way

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tha_Kid For This Useful Post:

Scottish_Grower (01-09-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Kid View Post
    If you have an IPad and iPhone or 2 Samsung devices you can download the app Presence and hook it up that way
    Hi buddy I have an iPhone 6 so checked the app out looks like exactly what I am after so I have downloaded it. So I will now need to get a camera where will I get a camera that's would work with this app ? Sorry if my questions are a bit stupid tech is not really my field 🙈 thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish_Grower View Post
    Hi buddy I have an iPhone 6 so checked the app out looks like exactly what I am after so I have downloaded it. So I will now need to get a camera where will I get a camera that's would work with this app ? Sorry if my questions are a bit stupid tech is not really my field 🙈 thanks
    All you need is an other Apple phone or iPad. Just buy a cheap on for the soul purpose of the camera. Also you will need wifi. They also sell security cameras that link to iPhones that I was
    Thinking of getting. Look it up. You will need wifi also

Thanks

Hi

I bought a DBpower ip camera with night vision and set it up in the grow room.

I removed this within a day due to people could easily get access to your camera remotely which certainly would create a security Risk.

If you are going to use wifi with whatever camera make sure you mac ban all other ip other than the camera, Or risk others seeing your grow room

Its very easy nowadays with network tools to crack an encrypted WPA password and access your network just bear that in mind.

I would totally eliminate that idea and be safe

All the best

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wales2015 For This Useful Post:

Dave_Gargle (08-01-18), TopBuzz (22-11-17), Trex (19-07-17)

Thanks

Don't put camera inside tent, better to have it recording just whatever else is in the room and not the tent. That's what I do so I know there isn't a fire or anything else going on in the room where the tent is when I'm away.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

SMOKEYY92 (25-03-18), TopBuzz (22-11-17), Trex (19-07-17)

Thanks

nothing beats a pitbull i reckon