Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ACS Controller - Aquafarms

Thanks

Default ACS Controller - Aquafarms

Anyone tried the ACS controller from GHE? I've got a few aqua farms and looking to link them together for easier watering and feeding, so thinking a centralised water system is my best bet.

Has anyone set such a thing up using a DIY method? Already have the T pieces and hosing for the farms but just need to know how to setup the main water tank. So far i've not found many grow shops in my area with knowledge on the ACS controller system apart from knowing the price being £75 they've not been able to tell me much more.

Any info or help would be great

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,056 Times

tbh mate i would honestly advise you to just go the whole hog a recirc the lot of them mate , you'll have more control and less hassle when it comes to res changes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That was the idea, have them all linked to a main tank but I'm not finding enough info online about linking them together

Thanks

you've come to the rite place matey , if you follow the link in my signature below to my current diary i have a video of my tree machine to give you some ideas. i recommend that you have 2 returns leaving each tub to combat root blockage too . I'm actually swapping out my totes too aquafarm tubs after this grow as they are alot sturdier than the totes .if you need any more just give me a shout via pm or my diary.

p.s just remembered i have the plan for my original 4 plant system before i realised the 10ft x 7ft room i have was too small for 4 .

Last edited by G_UNIT; 04-09-15 at 07:41 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah I'd like the water to pass through each Aqua rather than be filled so that it's a constant flow, think it's a better way to control the nutes doing that. My room is only 6ft x 12ft but seems to have enough room in there I hope even if I need to put the header tank outside the room somehow. It's more what to use for the header tank or if I'm better off just buying the actual acs controller although it looks like a Aqua farm on top of a water farm.... But at £75 I guess I can't complain?

Thanks

OK few links

ACS controller from GHE
    http://gb.eurohydro.com/waterpack_acs.html

Also the instructions i've found online, ACS controller ordered but i'll be linking 5 aquas rather than 4 like the pics
    http://www.eurohydro.com/publication...terpack-v3.pdf

Fingers crossed it all works ok.... i'm sure it can be done without the ACS controller and kits but better safe than sorry and i'll stick with how they recommend for now

Wish me luck.... pics to follow!

Thanks

heres food for thought - the pic below is of a system designed an built by the great Heath robinson who is a legendary grower and who basically showed me the theory of the high volume - high flow recirculating system . If it wasn't for him , me and a hell of alot other tree growers would probably still be doing it the " conventional " ways . his system in the pic used aquafarms recirculated through a common res . G

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vikings.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	308332

10. The Following User Says Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

revert (09-09-15)

Thanks

I was thinking of the ACS controller but having the farms with 2 pipes.... one in and one out so it's more of a flow, obviously have a airstone in each farm too for more oxygen

Thanks

if your going down the recirc route i would highly recommend using to returns from each tub , at opposite sides as 1 return creates alot of suction and will suck roots in which can be a nitemare . i use 2 x 32mm returns from each tub and my system is fed by a waterpump in the main res which ends in a T piece above the high water line in each tub to create waterfalls . this means i don't even have airstones or air pumps . Check out the first post in this diary as i have a video of my system and how it works . G

Thanks

I've had a good look at the post you've got about the rez system and it's given me a few ideas

Going to plan this one out fully over the weekend and modify all units one at a time while i'm changing the res water on each farm

Wish me luck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Anonymous Green For This Useful Post:

G_UNIT (11-09-15)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast