Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fake Aeroponics Setup

Hobbit Guest

What do you think about weaning back to 24/0 to combat humidity issues. I may have a month to go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

G_UNIT (06-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,056 Times

it's really up to you buddy , i haven't grown autos before as i like to torture my plants during veg . I run my lights 24/7 during veg and the standard 12/12 in flower but i'm sure the autos can easily handle 24/0 without a problem and if it drops your humidity then it's surely a bonus . I have never and prob will never monitor my RH and i have only ever had 1 issue with rot which was caused by one of my circulating fans dieing and me stupidly leaving 5 or so colas lying against the back wall in a group . I believe that with good air circulation in your groom , RH shouldn't really be an issue .

As you can see i probably be more worried about RH than most but that just not how i roll . G
    Last edited by G_UNIT; 06-09-15 at 01:51 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

shorelineog (15-08-16)

Hobbit Guest

Might speed up the process too. These have been so slow. Didn't show sex until 32 days then spent the next 4 weeks stretching, proper flowering the last 2 weeks rekon I got a least 3 weeks to go. 65 days my arse lol. Its been a breeze to grow them though. Vegging 24/7 may have caused a longer veg.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

G_UNIT (06-09-15)

Thanks

haha , I am yet to see an accurate time given by a seed bank tbh . The only real difference i have noticed is that growing in hydro can shorten flowering time by upto a week for some strains . I have even seen 10/11 wk flowering plants run as long as 16 weeks even when other plants of the same strain finished close to the stated time . nature just does what it wants too when it wants too ,all we can do is give it what it wants and watch them do their thing . G

Hobbit Guest

Those are some big arse buds bro. Nice job. That's dwc is it. You got a journal I tried to find one but my navigation is dodgy.

Thanks

i have a current diary in the hydro diary section called the quest for the ultimate xmas tree but it's only started and won't be getting good until november lol . if you click on my name and have a look at the gallerys on the left hand side you will see some of my previous grows or if you fancy a vid or 2 check out weedmansworld on youtube . G

10. The Following User Says Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Yeah had I known it would take this long I would not have gone with an auto. But im glad I did now cause its been drama free, learnt heaps about keeping up the nutes, and solving my heat issues to a point where I can use a 600watt. Yield will be good if I make it there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

G_UNIT (06-09-15)

Thanks

you'll get there matey , i've gotten to the point now where i only have to adjust a few things to get from a summer groom setup to a winter one . The best thing i have bought so far has been my sms com twin fan controller , just set your max temp turn up the extraction idle so the extraction runs 24/7 and forget about it . G .

Hobbit Guest

For me its been the guy at the hydro shops forethought to recommend me an adjustable ballast. And moving to an aircooled hood. I was running a 250mh with 4 24watt cfls for side lighting and hitting over 25c. Air cooled hood gave me 5c to spare so I bought 600 dual spec hoping to be able to run it at 400 but was stoked when it ran at 600 with good temps. Ive been very luky to get good advice straight out . saved me heaps. Do you think that vegging under a 250mh will give the same result as vegging under a 600dual spec or 600MH
    Last edited by Hobbit; 06-09-15 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks

i've vegged plants with fluro's , cfl's , hps and MH and dual spec , the Mh by far gave me the healthiest looking plants with the tightest internodes . The plants def stay shorter under mh in veg but don't confuse that with slower growth as it just means less stem between branch nodes which means more bud sites in the end . 250w obviously won't be as powerful as 600w but there is always a trade off , you may be able to get the 250w closer to the plants than the 600w due to temps . when it comes to lighting we are always dealing with inverse square - say at 1 ft from the bulb you get 1000lum per square ft of cannopy but at 2ft your only getting 250lum per square ft . so it really depends how close you can get your lamp to the plant without hurting it . G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast