Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help Please

Thanks

Default Help Please

Hi i was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction, currently 4 weeks in flower and this is getting worst. my setup and nutes as follows

mars 2 700 leds
    temps 25-30/ lights off 22
    advanced nutrients sensi bloom, cal mag, big bud

i did have abit of bleaching start on the bud from having leds to close so move them up and thought it was burning leaves but since moving it up made no difference, i water every 2 days

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150913_121013.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	309275
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150913_121004.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	309274

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Just looks a touch of nute burn to me, what strength feed they been getting and are they getting feed with every watering?
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Thanks

hi thanks for reply, getting nutes each time i water im using advanced nutes ph perfect

sensi bloom 4ml per litre
    calmag 1ml per litre
    big bud 2ml per litre

Thanks

not familiar with those nutes personally, but full strength* cal/mag with every watering sounds pretty overkill and would be my first suspect, is this soil or coco? if it's soil the occasional water with plain water never goes amiss to prevent buildup of nutrients, many people go with an alternating cycle of feed-water-feed, or a feed-feed-water or such, soil doesn't tend to have the same cal/mag issues in the first place either

I'd only ever use full power calmag if i already had a SERIOUS deficiency I had to actively treat, if i was using it as a preventative measure i'd be dropping that dose to maybe 25% and even then, i'd likely only give it every feed if i knew in advance i was going to running into magnesium or calcium issues

*I'm assuming your Cal/mag is the same ratio as mine, where 1ml per/l is the full dose
    Last edited by Strider; 20-09-15 at 12:24 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Thanks

yes i am using coco, i use cal/mag as i was informed that leds cause cal/mag problems so i just used it to prevent it happening in the first place, yes 1ml per litre is full dose the same as yours. so if i drop the cal/mag off completely or every 2nd feed give 25% and give plain water for a the next 2 feeds? then a nutes feed and then alternate water/feed/water/feed etc would this solve my problem.

Thanks

feeding every time in coco is ok far as i know (as that's the ONLY source of feed)

Too much CalMag is defo my suspect, a full dose of it will push your EC up quite a bit (about 0.3 at my quick estimate)

Must admit I don't know about LED/deficiency theory, but that's still a hell amount of cal/mag to give ANYTHING :P i'd give then a whack of plain water first to clean what i assume will be a cal/mag buildup then bring it back in at 0.25ml/litre, should recover well (This assumes the sensibloom dose is ok obv)

What have your EC and pH's been like? One thing to remember about Calmag, specifically Magnesium, is that only really starts being available to plants in coco/hydro at pH 5.8 and above (roughly) a lot of people keep their coco at about 5.7-5.8 and forget to let it drift up to 6isah occasionally to make sure it's getting picked up, no point adding more if it;s unable to use what it's got

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Peter_Pan (20-09-15), smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Thanks

i dont take ph and ec reading as it states it makes it completely perfect suppose its ment to be idiot proof without the hassle of worrying about levels but i will do an ec reading and let you know. but ill follow your instuctions and report back

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,523 Times

Just a little nute burn by looks of it.. Ease back on the boost a little buddy less is more so I've learned .. An bloom feed doesn't look to be affecting it too much as over doing that tends to cause the claw.. Which I don't see on your lady..

I use hps so maybe wrong but doesn't look like lighting issue.. More nute mate..

ATB
    I smoke two joints .. While I roll two joints.. And then I smoke two more

My 1st grow ... Started a diary :-)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070199989

my 2nd groom - custom room - mentored :-)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rple-bud-grow-)

Let me know what you think :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter_Pan For This Useful Post:

smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smithy11232 View Post
    i dont take ph and ec reading as it states it makes it completely perfect suppose its ment to be idiot proof without the hassle of worrying about levels but i will do an ec reading and let you know. but ill follow your instuctions and report back
    braver man than me :P

A lot of nutrients claim to have a pH buffering quality, and to an extent do, but i'd always want to check it and expect to still do a little detail work, bear in mind pH of water will change depending on it's source, how long it's been standing and the pH buffering effect will vary depending on the strength of your feed, lot of variables there.

Checking the pH of your water in compared to the pH of your water out (or 'Runoff' pH) is one of the first ports of call when you suspect a problem, tbh i'm often guilty of not bothering and going by visual signs, but i'll still always want to check my feeds pH with my own tools before it goes in, and as noted before, i'm not going to want it at the EXACT same pH all the time, i'm going to want it to drift from it's normal 5.8 to within a range of 5.6-6.0 every so often.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Peter_Pan (20-09-15), smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,523 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    braver man than me :P

A lot of nutrients claim to have a pH buffering quality, and to an extent do, but i'd always want to check it and expect to still do a little detail work, bear in mind pH of water will change depending on it's source, how long it's been standing and the pH buffering effect will vary depending on the strength of your feed, lot of variables there.

Checking the pH of your water in compared to the pH of your water out (or 'Runoff' pH) is one of the first ports of call when you suspect a problem, tbh i'm often guilty of not bothering and going by visual signs, but i'll still always want to check my feeds pH with my own tools before it goes in, and as noted before, i'm not going to want it at the EXACT same pH all the time, i'm going to want it to drift from it's normal 5.8 to within a range of 5.6-6.0 every so often.
    Never checked ec or ph myself.. Good soil and quality nutes there's no need to.. Unless you plan to veg your plants for more than 3-4months then the soil would deteriorate etc..
    Leaving water to stand a room temp for 24 hours before using .. Winning
    The good quality soil naturally buffers water to a stable ph that the plant recognises

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter_Pan For This Useful Post:

smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast