Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help Please

Macky Guest

I use the same nuits, they are pukka man. I never trusted it before and ph anyway, but recently, I have learned, trust this shit, it is real good lol, makes a better ph than me doing in with ph up or down. Good nuits man.

Just a bit too much feed there mate. That's all, it's gonna be the cal mag too, as advanced nuits, it's real hard to over feed in coco. Maybe you should do a flush, get rid of any salt build up in the coco, and re feed at a slightly lower ec. Also, make sure you're getting at least 20% run off after watering to ensure you flush out any salt build up as you go, and do a flush every couple of weeks. But, tbf, shit looks fine, only a touch of nuit burn man

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Peter_Pan (20-09-15), smithy11232 (20-09-15), Strider (20-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Pan View Post
    Never checked ec or ph myself.. Good soil and quality nutes there's no need to.. Unless you plan to veg your plants for more than 3-4months then the soil would deteriorate etc..
    Leaving water to stand a room temp for 24 hours before using .. Winning
    The good quality soil naturally buffers water to a stable ph that the plant recognises
    This would all be grand if we weren't talking about coco :P
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,523 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    This would all be grand if we weren't talking about coco :P
    Ahh my bad 😂😂 il pipe down lol
    I smoke two joints .. While I roll two joints.. And then I smoke two more

My 1st grow ... Started a diary :-)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070199989

my 2nd groom - custom room - mentored :-)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rple-bud-grow-)

Let me know what you think :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter_Pan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks for everyones comments, they where feed last night would you wait for the next feed to give plain water or throw some at it tonight and should i do it every day or just every feed time? how long should i give plain water for before going back to nutes. thanks

Thanks

also cant take them out to flush as there all suported by a net so do i just give from bottom

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,523 Times

With soil I run water through the top slowly making sure all soil is generously covered .. When flushing I do this every 2days. Then after 3waterings go back to normal watering schedule slowly increasing the nutes..

With coco I have no idea mate sorry

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter_Pan For This Useful Post:

smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Macky Guest

In coco mate, for each pot, use around 3 times as much water as coco, for example. 10l pots, need 30l of water to leech.

They're in a screen so this is gonna be a birch lol, I feel your pain. Same problem for me. You have trays under the pots right? If so, water one plant at a time, and as the run off comes through and into the tray, suck it out with a big syringe, and put it all into a bucket until the run of has finished or slowed down to the extent where it won't over flow the tray and soak the floor, if it does, just get the mop ready or a few towels to mop up any excess water. After you've leeched all of the plants, just go back to feeding as normal mate, just a lower ec.

As you already know, you need dry periods so the roots can get air. Drainage in coco is already awesome, so you shouldn't have to many issues. After watering, don't water again until the coco is DRY. You're in a screen so it's hard to tell from the weight of the pots, so look at the sides of the coco in the pot, when it shrinks, and you have a clear gap between the coco and sides of the pots, water again with normal ec water, and you should be fine to go from there mate. You can't really over water in coco, but still, you want to make sure the coco dries out so the roots can get a good amount of air before re watering again.

Hope this helps you out mate, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask, so keep asking until you're happy with the info you have been provided :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Macky Guest

Just to clarify, don't water until a few days after your first feed ( and after leeching, feed the plants again, don't leave them with plain water in the soil). It'll be about three maybe four days before you have to water again, depending on the size of the pot. Just because the top couple of inches may be dry, doesn't mean the pot needs water again. Look out for the coco shrinking, always a good sign more water is needed

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

smithy11232 (20-09-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    In coco mate, for each pot, use around 3 times as much water as coco, for example. 10l pots, need 30l of water to leech.

They're in a screen so this is gonna be a birch lol, I feel your pain. Same problem for me. You have trays under the pots right? If so, water one plant at a time, and as the run off comes through and into the tray, suck it out with a big syringe, and put it all into a bucket until the run of has finished or slowed down to the extent where it won't over flow the tray and soak the floor, if it does, just get the mop ready or a few towels to mop up any excess water. After you've leeched all of the plants, just go back to feeding as normal mate, just a lower ec.

As you already know, you need dry periods so the roots can get air. Drainage in coco is already awesome, so you shouldn't have to many issues. After watering, don't water again until the coco is DRY. You're in a screen so it's hard to tell from the weight of the pots, so look at the sides of the coco in the pot, when it shrinks, and you have a clear gap between the coco and sides of the pots, water again with normal ec water, and you should be fine to go from there mate. You can't really over water in coco, but still, you want to make sure the coco dries out so the roots can get a good amount of air before re watering again.

Hope this helps you out mate, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask, so keep asking until you're happy with the info you have been provided :-)
    this is gonna be a bitch of a job haha, do i test the ec and ph of the run off for each plant or does it not matter so much as im stripping the soil back to basics

Thanks

also what ph should i make the water to do the flush

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast