Thread: V60 heating res up?

ganjagunman Guest

Default V60 heating res up?

Hmm, not all that impressed with this pump aside from the bubbles it produces

Its far from super silent, and the casing of it is hot to touch.

My chiller used to take a good couple of hours or more to swing from 18.1 to 19.1c which is when it would kick in and bring it back down to 18.1 again, but since using this V60 its kicking in every half hour or so so its putting the temperature up in the water?

Is this normal? im using 1.5 metre long air lines, black, pump is outside of the tent.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Wheres ur airpump located G? Try and get it as close as possible to cold air inlet to ur tents or pref outside ur tents if you can. Ive got three of those v60 airpumps and i love em

Just remember the airpump pulls air in from where ever its sitting, so if ur grooms say 25°c where its located its gonna suck that warm air in. Ive never noticed any of mine heating up my res though

ganjagunman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    Wheres ur airpump located G? Try and get it as close as possible to cold air inlet to ur tents or pref outside ur tents if you can. Ive got three of those v60 airpumps and i love em

Just remember the airpump pulls air in from where ever its sitting, so if ur grooms say 25°c where its located its gonna suck that warm air in. Ive never noticed any of mine heating up my res though
    Its on the floor mate in corner of the room outside of the tent, yeh fantastic bubbles but not the quietest in the world, cant leave it running all night so when lights go off at 10pm it goes off too and one of those hydor submersible pumps takes over bubble duty for the night shift till 5am.

Between the hours of lights off and lights on again when the V60 kicks in and off again ill only hear the chiller kick in once or twice, but when lights on, v60 running chillers kicking in every half an hour or so. Just trying to keep noise down thats all

Im moving the rooms around again soon so will put it on the windowsill next to the window which is on vent constantly so always cool air coming around it

ganjagunman Guest

To save starting another thread, is there anywhere i can get a 2 or 4 way manifold for this pump? at the minute ive just chopped all but 2 of the outlets off and then wrapped it in gaffa tape, works but i like to try do things properly lol

ganjagunman Guest

Now this has been used a while its quietened down loads thank god, it sounded like a road breaker when i first got it, and stunk, but now its bedded in its quietened right down