Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rooten roots

Thanks

Default rooten roots

Hi , i'm using a dwc system, and when i add ghe bio roots the root get rotten as you can see in pictures attached, i also use plagron hydro A and B with ghe bio rootsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	roots (1).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	309806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roots (2).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	309804
    Ricardo Duarte

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

I know not a lot about hydro but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

ok thanks

Keeno Guest

what are your res temps?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

British green (25-09-15), ReD RuM (26-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I wouldn't put anything organic or living in a Dwc . It's the prefect breeding ground . Only use none organic nutes and you should be fine . Imho

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I've never used plagron so I don't know how it behaves and I've only ever grown in hydro and imho I've found canna a and b Vega and flores to be the best because they are so ph stable it's untrue and great value for money

Thanks

temps are ok, it's the second time that when i add the ghe bio roots this happens...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meteoros For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-09-15)

ganjagunman Guest

Just stick to the canna stuff, aqua A+B vega/flores , rhizo, silicon, keep your res temps at 18/19c and you wont have issues, rhizo is all you need to take care of your roots at the start, dont complicate things.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

British green (25-09-15), redisiel (25-09-15)

Macky Guest

For hydro def I'd recommend advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow and bloom, stuff is epic lol. Makes everything easy, and actually does what it says on the tin. You need to be using non organic nuits, and oxy plus/ h2o2. Other wise the water gets dirty and breeds fungi, making the roots rot, it's really important to keep that water clean, make sure you have oxy plus, this will help a lot. Also keeping the res cold helps, just leaving them stand won't be cool enough, drop a one litre bottle of ice ( like a small coke bottle, fill with water, freeze it)into the res, that'll keep it cool and help prevent this happening again. Freeze a few, a couple for each plant so you can change and re freeze.

It's not looking good though, them roots look awful, I'd recommend just some fresh ph'd water, with no nuits, to try and clean them off a bit, change the water after a few hours with some with nuits in it, but not too much, you need some new nuits man. Hope this helps you out mate, sorry to see it's going a bit tits up for you, get the clean water going, get some oxy plus, and change your nuits, they will survive this mate, just keep an eye on the,

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-09-15)

Thanks

when i notice the brown color around roots i quickly changed the water for only the plagron nutrients,and cleaned the roots with fresh water,and now i'm waiting for recovering....i'll not use de ghe bio roots again with plagron A and B....thank you all for your time and help.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to meteoros For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-09-15)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast