Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: claw leaf .. and lower yellowing

Thanks

Default claw leaf .. and lower yellowing

One of my blue cheese seems to have a pretty bad case of claw leaf.. this is also accompanied by lower yellowing leaves..

Im kind of sure this clawing started even before i added nutes.. however i have watered it with nutrients 3 times now. (only full strength once)

its just near week 2 of flowering and has only really just started to change over from veg properly

Iv now researched that it could in fact be nitrogen toxicity and its not drawing the nutes up properly.. hence the yellowing... also the leaf stems are very red and there abit of red flashes in the main stem.

im abit confused as to look at it with the paler green leaves and the lower yellowing its all the signs of a deficiency.. yet the clawing is a sign of toxicity..

any one help me please?

at the moment im flushing it just in case
    Last edited by thehulk; 25-09-15 at 12:36 PM.

Macky Guest

Yes mate, sounds like either a slat build up or ph issue, hard to tell with out pics and more info. Make sure your ph is right for a start, soil is 6.5 or something like that, but hydro/ coco, you want around 5.6-5.8 for ideal nutrient absorbtion. Nitrogen defiance happens in early flower mate, flowering units domt use as much as veg units, so when you switch there will be a deficiency, especially if you change units to soon. Don't change to flowering units until you see the first signs of white hairs.

I'd advise checking the ph. Check the ph of the run off too, and then get back to us with more info, temps, medium, what units and how muc, and ph, then we can give you a more detailed precise answer :-)

MrChedda. Guest

cut back on your feed bro the yellow leaves dying off? this happened to me when i over fed my bitchs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    Yes mate, sounds like either a slat build up or ph issue, hard to tell with out pics and more info. Make sure your ph is right for a start, soil is 6.5 or something like that, but hydro/ coco, you want around 5.6-5.8 for ideal nutrient absorbtion. Nitrogen defiance happens in early flower mate, flowering units domt use as much as veg units, so when you switch there will be a deficiency, especially if you change units to soon. Don't change to flowering units until you see the first signs of white hairs.

I'd advise checking the ph. Check the ph of the run off too, and then get back to us with more info, temps, medium, what units and how muc, and ph, then we can give you a more detailed precise answer :-)
    okay iv known for a while now i needed to check the PH.. i tried to scrimp on buying a meter!!.. i just ordered one.. (will take til next wednesday) .. iv gone with a digital soil meter that will test the temps and ph ...

Im a tiny bit confused as to what you told me there bud.. i read it as don't switch to flowering nutes to soon.. if im right then i actually haven't i was about to use bloom for the next feed

I will get back with the temps and ph and all when i get the meter..

Quote Originally Posted by
    MrChedda.
    cut back on your feed bro the yellow leaves dying off? this happened to me when i over fed my bitchs
    I think this is the best plan until i no for sure whats going on. The leaves are going completely yellow almost a yellow white .. they'd likely of fell off if i didn't pull them off.
    also theres a few leaves on there that are paler green than the others.
    Last edited by thehulk; 25-09-15 at 03:26 PM.

Macky Guest

Yer cut back on the feed for now mate, there is a member called "bud light year" also known as the oracle, he knows everything, he will be along soon I reckon, and he will tell you exactly what you need to do man. Go out tomorrow and get a liquid ph kit for now, at least that's something. Them ph soil meters are usually inaccurate, really need to know your ec from feed and run off. With out certain info, it's hard make a good diagnoses. Can you get a pic up or two? That would help a lot.

Claw generally means over feeding, and so does pale leaves, I reckon it's most likely you've over Fed them, or haven't been getting a good run off and got a salt build up, so go with the flush and a lower feed, until the oracle comes along

Chew Guest

Before you do anything get some pics up and answer the following

Soil or hydro or coco
    plant age:
    pot size:
    has it been repotted? and when?:
    soil type:
    nutes or additives used and how often for soil:
    Air temps (max min):
    Res temps (max min)
    humidity:
    lighting type (hps, led, cfl)
    ph level:
    EC (hydro and coco only)
    Background EC.
    feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco)

anything else you think may be relevant!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,323 Times

Good peeps helpin u out here hulk, dealt with the nitro tox in my current grow right before the flip as well im sure ull b fine after pix are up & sum more info/response. My two cents tho...each strain or plant in every condition is gunna do different. Oracle or not(bottom thread sheds light)... reading/watching ur ladies, knowing what's needed at each checkpoint if you will is what'll help most.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-as-it-canB-eh

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.North For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Nice one mr north! Good read! Love it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (25-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,323 Times

Thx machi, same to your info given around here. always on point it seems....oracle worth in my opinion😉. btw that organic coco run is in progress, kiddy pool style. Duces

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.North For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

I've still got so much to learn man, but offer info where I can, always a pleasure and good being part of the community. Thanks for the compliments man, good to know I'm helping out

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (25-09-15)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast