Thread: Essential to dry in the dark?

Thanks

Default Essential to dry in the dark?

Hey guys,

Just thinking about how in going to dry when the time comes and given I now have my next lady started was wondering if it is essential to dry in the dark, or could I put a box with holes in my tent which will obviously reduce the amount of light getting through and hang the stems in the box.

Obviously I'd put a small fan in there for air circulation and they would have some period of time in the dark during lights off. Doing if this way would mean I can keep my next grow going and keep the drying bud inside my tent which has the CF in so no smells.

Macky Guest

In a box will be fine mate, keep as much light as possible off it, direct light will make the chlorophyll and sugars start flowing again, and make the smoke harsher. also, don't have a fan pointing directly at the buds, you want to dry as slowly as possible, I'd hang for a day, then sealed containers for eight hours, then hang for twenty hours, and containers for six, reduce the time hanging and in the containers. this drys the buds evenly, instead of leaving them to hang for a week, until the stems snap, when it's too dry in some people's opinion, and then begging the cure. Doing it that way you ha e a dry outside, but wet inside, and it's harder to extract all of the moisture out. Do it slow, it'll take about a week, maybe ten says, but you'll have a pukka smooth smoke after it

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (25-09-15), pureQCD (18-10-15), studio95 (25-09-15)

Macky Guest

Maybe ut the box out side of the tent too, cover it make sure it's good and light tight, and have an intake vent go from it into your tent, that will keep air flowing, keep the light out, and control the smell. That might be the best option?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (25-09-15), studio95 (25-09-15), walshy (27-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    In a box will be fine mate, keep as much light as possible off it, direct light will make the chlorophyll and sugars start flowing again, and make the smoke harsher. also, don't have a fan pointing directly at the buds, you want to dry as slowly as possible, I'd hang for a day, then sealed containers for eight hours, then hang for twenty hours, and containers for six, reduce the time hanging and in the containers. this drys the buds evenly, instead of leaving them to hang for a week, until the stems snap, when it's too dry in some people's opinion, and then begging the cure. Doing it that way you ha e a dry outside, but wet inside, and it's harder to extract all of the moisture out. Do it slow, it'll take about a week, maybe ten says, but you'll have a pukka smooth smoke after it
    Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    Maybe ut the box out side of the tent too, cover it make sure it's good and light tight, and have an intake vent go from it into your tent, that will keep air flowing, keep the light out, and control the smell. That might be the best option?
    Top advise there fella

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

studio95 (25-09-15)

Thanks

Put then in a large paper bag with some side vent holes , fold the top over and dry in the tent . That way you can clean the smell up .
    No matter where you go , there you are .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dickiefickle For This Useful Post:

studio95 (28-09-15)