Thread: ro filter

Thanks

Default ro filter

Would a £50 3 stage ro filter be any good for a dwc grow and what gpd would I need?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,579 Times

You'll need to look at the ro specs. They give max flow per day of the filter at ec and water pressure. My unit is rated at 75 gallon a day with a pressure of 60 psi and ec of .075, my actual psi is 45 and ec .250 and I can flow about 25 gallons a day. At that rate I need a 14 gallon tank that holds 9 gallons of water and the rest is air badder. With that set up I pull 4 5 gallon buckets of water a day. I could run 15 5 gallon dwc buckets.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

oldskooltoker (03-10-15)

Thanks

do the filters need to be constantly running then? I was hoping just to fill 2 25l buckets up as n when I needed them. I only have a 3 plant dwc in a 1.2m tent at the min (was meant to be and will usually be 4 plants)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,579 Times

Yeah, they run slowly over 24 hours so the big thing is storage capacity. You could get by with a cheap system by pulling 2 gallons am and 2 pm. You only need four gallons to get to the bottom of a net pot.

When I did dwc I mixed a new bucket of nutrients each week in veg and every 3 days in bloom. Then I would just change the whole bucket by lifting the net from the old straight into the new. You could do 3 plants easy that way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

oldskooltoker (03-10-15)

Thanks

Its always good to have a filter. Sometime you can find some slime build up way before the roots get hammered. So not only does it filter, it's also a great indicator of the system's health.