Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Advice on compost bin grow

Henry_Haberdasher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IndicaDaze View Post
    Get on that 3 word story asap and those posts will be up to target in no time.
    Think I will IndicaDaze, cheers.

Genius idea! We've all played two-touch football. Why not have a 3 word forum! :P

Henry_Haberdasher Guest

I read your NL Auto grow journal last night M_C. Great stuff, one of the best grow journals i've seen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Henry_Haberdasher For This Useful Post:

M_C (19-10-15)

Henry_Haberdasher Guest

Hey guys,

So my imgur link is below. Changed a few bits, on M_C's advice i've gone down to a 6 L pot so there is more room and the little lady will be lower.

I feel i've hacked at this bin too much so i'm prepared to bin it (haha) and get a new one and start fresh. The problem before was the plant pot was massive and I couldn't get under it to raise it so had to lower the light(s). Now that the pot is smaller I can get under it easily so can make the light stationary and move the plant up and down.

I'm thinking of one plant with LST to try and canopy it.

I am a complete newbie at a) DIY and b) growing so any advice on either welcome please. I'm a total computer geek and in no way handy so please feel free with comments or ideas.

Cheers

http://imgur.com/a/XbhMw

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Henry_Haberdasher For This Useful Post:

M_C (19-10-15), smacka (20-10-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Henry_Haberdasher View Post
    Hey guys,

So my imgur link is below. Changed a few bits, on M_C's advice i've gone down to a 6 L pot so there is more room and the little lady will be lower.

I feel i've hacked at this bin too much so i'm prepared to bin it (haha) and get a new one and start fresh. The problem before was the plant pot was massive and I couldn't get under it to raise it so had to lower the light(s). Now that the pot is smaller I can get under it easily so can make the light stationary and move the plant up and down.

I'm thinking of one plant with LST to try and canopy it.

I am a complete newbie at a) DIY and b) growing so any advice on either welcome please. I'm a total computer geek and in no way handy so please feel free with comments or ideas.

Cheers

http://imgur.com/a/XbhMw
    Looking good, Henry!

My advice: Don't bin it.

Your first few grows will be chock full of learning experience. If I were you, I'd take the time to do a couple full grow cycles, get some experience under your belt, and take that knowledge into your new/redesigned grow bin.

For now, pop a bean and let's get this party started!
    Come along for the ride as I run through a full cycle of a Perpetual PC Case - 12/12 From Seed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

Henry_Haberdasher Guest

Great advice, and seeing ur grows i'd be a fool not to listen. The bin stays as is.

Bean is in germ, journal starting soon! Cheers chaps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Henry_Haberdasher View Post
    Great advice, and seeing ur grows i'd be a fool not to listen. The bin stays as is.

Bean is in germ, journal starting soon! Cheers chaps
    I appreciate the tip of the hat, but by no means am I someone to model a grow after. It's all just a learning experience; I'm in the same boat as you, here

Without other gardening experience, people tend to fail on their first attempt. I did. My friends did. I stepped back for a couple years, and grew some plants.

If you're interested at all, buy a plant that's of the bamboo family, or a spider plant (or have a friend of friend's mom cut you some). Getting a general sense of how much water a plant needs, when to pot up, when to water, etc. is all helpful, I think.

But really, there's nothing better than learning by doing. Glad to hear you're germing. Can't wait to follow your journal... be ready for a bumpy ride, but know that we're here to help, too.

One mistake I made my first time around was thinking people wouldn't care about my plants, or that they were too small to be interesting.

I waited until week 6 to post my first post, and by then we were half-way through flowering and they'd been over-watered/drowning the whole time, and I had no idea.

It wasn't until the last half of flowering that my plants started to perk up, so I've always wished I'd posted pics right away to get that feedback from people. This time around, I try to update at least once a week.

So there you have it, that's my advice...

People here are passionate about the plant you're growing, so let us into your garden and share the experience.
    Last edited by smacka; 20-10-15 at 03:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Henry_Haberdasher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smacka View Post
    I appreciate the tip of the hat, but by no means am I someone to model a grow after. It's all just a learning experience; I'm in the same boat as you, here

Without other gardening experience, people tend to fail on their first attempt. I did. My friends did. I stepped back for a couple years, and grew some plants.

If you're interested at all, buy a plant that's of the bamboo family, or a spider plant (or have a friend of friend's mom cut you some). Getting a general sense of how much water a plant needs, when to pot up, when to water, etc. is all helpful, I think.

But really, there's nothing better than learning by doing. Glad to hear you're germing. Can't wait to follow your journal... be ready for a bumpy ride, but know that we're here to help, too.

One mistake I made my first time around was thinking people wouldn't care about my plants, or that they were too small to be interesting.

I waited until week 6 to post my first post, and by then we were half-way through flowering and they'd been over-watered/drowning the whole time, and I had no idea.

It wasn't until the last half of flowering that my plants started to perk up, so I've always wished I'd posted pics right away to get that feedback from people. This time around, I try to update at least once a week.

So there you have it, that's my advice...

People here are passionate about the plant you're growing, so let us into your garden and share the experience.
    Whilst I appreciate your humility smacka I beg to differ. You've gone for a micro grow on a 3 month cycle to keep yourself enjoying the good stuff whenever your please and get the enjoyment of growing it.

That's is my intention as well, so I think whilst we're all learning - just at different stages, it can certainly do me no harm to tread in a few of your footsteps.

I took your advice and started a grow journal in Newbie Corner. The journey begins here!

Cheers, H
    Last edited by Henry_Haberdasher; 24-10-15 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2