Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach for rot?

Thanks

Default Bleach for rot?

Anyone use bleach or pool shock in their res?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

no and i would never even try it tbh,

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

evry1concentrate (01-11-15), ReD RuM (01-11-15), SmobyToker#1 (01-11-15)

Thanks

Don't see the point may check the plant beyond recovery

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Budburst For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (01-11-15)

Thanks

Default Bleach for rot?

You mean like actual bleach? If so that defo can't be good bro.

Maybe you should be looking at what started the rot mate? What you running? Give more info brother

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ReD RuM For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (01-11-15)

Thanks

Well that's a solid no huh lol. Actually I have read that many commercial vegging grows use it as a preventative, and some growers here and else where have used it. I do have a suspicion that temps got to high at 72-73 but getting that solved. Probably just pick up some peroxide next week. So any actual reasons you wouldn't use it? Has anyone actually tried it or just thinking it's bad. I have read a few threads where people were using 20ml per gallon and it cured the rot with no ill effects. Kinda like when I said I used sulphuric acid for down, almost got run out of the community lol.

Thanks

Default Bleach for rot?

Grab yourself a bottle of Nutrilife SM 90. The stuff fucking rocks ! Peroxide is only a temporary fix to hold you over until you get the cure. The SM90 will have your Rez smelling like fresh lettuce again. And you'll get a ton of nice new root growth.
    Last edited by evry1concentrate; 01-11-15 at 01:58 AM.

ganjagunman Guest

Res temps too high?

Thanks

Yes I think temps be an issue Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	312811 I tried to pick up some SM90 on Friday but they didn't have any. They also didn't have any peroxide. I have no ideal what happened as I have never had this. Always run beanies and stopped using peroxide a couple of years ago due to, yup, seems temporary. I need to clear it up and then back to beanies. Also that is the root system from a 2.5 week old seedling so it may not be actual root rot as they are quite firm and no smell but sure are brownish. Hooking up the chiller today hopefully if I have all the fittings. Figures this would happen, just purchased the most expensive beans ever lol. Gonna start some new strains today just incase this goes tits up. Thanks for all the responses. Still haven't totally dismissed bleach and if I do try it I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks

Just an update, I ran out of patience lol. Res has bleach added, new water, and base nutes only. I added twenty drops of 6 % bleach and tested with strips, no visible chlorine. I'll keep everyone posted re results. I did quite a bit of reading before doing this BTW and can't find any negatives from people that have tried it. Lots use it as a normal addition to res.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

ouch, i,d just put h2o2 through them for half a day or so , it,ll kill all good bennies but it might rescue plants, if its not your rez temps then check your humidity for being low as that kills the roots too pottassium def, i,m cringing at thought of bleach though, i use great white bennies, expensive but shit hot, hope all works out , good luck

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Bushwacked74 (21-11-15), ERBURT (01-11-15)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast