Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bleach for rot?

Thanks

Just an update, still using bleach at 3-4 ml per 100L and it's keeping the roots white and not clumping. It's still up in the air whether or not this will be a successful run though. Would love to start a thread on this but will wait for a week or two to see if the plants recover. Still haven't finished the chiller but it should be finished tonight.
    Last edited by waterdawg12; 09-11-15 at 12:21 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-11-15)

Thanks

Chillers finally working after putting about 150' of copper outside the shed lol. Before I extended the copper it was heating the water with circ pumps running. Also stopped using bleach and tried H2O2 and it seemed to be keeping it at bay but never going. Res temps are now 65 and trying the bennies now. If this doesn't work I'm throwing the only good plant in soil and nuking the whole thing with a pile of bleach.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-11-15)

ganjagunman Guest

What about a bit of toilet duck?

You sorted res temps mate?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-11-15), waterdawg12 (24-11-15)

Thanks

Ya that may work, or I could try a gallon
    of peroxide, just bought a 100L pail @35% lol. After reading a lot about bleach it may be my go to cure now. Res temps are great at around 65, hooking up the thermostat tonight as I just have it cycling on a timer now. I'll take pics of it all when completed, it's pretty cool (hehehe) actually but not cost effective if you had to buy the stuff. Probably got $300 in copper,
    . Starting another tray soon as well so hopefully a much better run, to bad these were the priciest seeds I've ever bought lol. Should have some hydroguard soon to.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-11-15)

toptoker Guest

Its not natural using bleach mate for plants or any other living thing... the only thing bleach is good for is killing things and staining clothes, if i was you id start over, something aint quite right :/

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toptoker For This Useful Post:

MJCTHC1 (12-12-15), redisiel (27-11-15), waterdawg12 (27-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

use hydroguard instead of peroxide if you can get hold of it not used it myself but the internet says good things, you could give beneficial bacteria ago but most importantly if you keep them res temps in order and supply your babies with enough air you wont get the rot

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-11-15), waterdawg12 (27-11-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toptoker View Post
    Its not natural using bleach mate for plants or any other living thing... the only thing bleach is good for is killing things and staining clothes, if i was you id start over, something aint quite right :/
    Do you use H2O2? Have you ever dealt with rot? Not trying to be rude at all but bleach is actually a proven cure and preventative for many growers. I know the feeling though, I was at the end and yes about to scrap the whole grow, it was a last resort. I had nothing to lose and did a bunch of research before adding it. And yes still thought I was going to have dead plants in the morning lol. Also I agree, something went terribly wrong this run. I stopped using bleach 5 days ago and have 3 plants that may make it. I also tried H2O2 and the roots stayed brown and actually got worse. This has been a struggle and yup probably should scrap it but I'm learning lots and being a stubborn old prick I'm not giving up lol. I have filled the res and added bennies, also I order a gallon of hydro guard that is at the post office as of today, just need to get it tomorrow. I will start another tray and strain this weekend. Hopefully I will get a clone or two off the root rot ones to carry on the strain. If running a sterile res, bleach can be a useful tool IMO and just as or more effective than H2O2 which is what I used at the start of hydro till switching to bennies. If the plants don't improve with the hydro guard I will return to the bleach and try and salvage these things lol.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

jericho (16-01-16), redisiel (27-11-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrnice22 View Post
    use hydroguard instead of peroxide if you can get hold of it not used it myself but the internet says good things, you could give beneficial bacteria ago but most importantly if you keep them res temps in order and supply your babies with enough air you wont get the rot
    Yes pretty sure it was temps but I've ran them before with no issues. Think it was that in combination with the pyth surviving the initial run of bleach through the system. I run a real hot cycle of it through the system and run a few rinse cycles and have since I started a few years ago. I never had this, and yes temps are now under control with a chiller running and hydro guard is going in tomorrow. I run sprayers with no standing water in root zone, waterfall for DO. Lots of air. I just want this over and get a couple of clones lol. When that's done I'm pulling the plug.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-11-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toptoker View Post
    It's also used in clones, works great lol
    Last edited by waterdawg12; 26-11-15 at 02:50 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-11-15)

toptoker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by waterdawg12 View Post
    Do you use H2O2? Have you ever dealt with rot? Not trying to be rude at all but bleach is actually a proven cure and preventative for many growers. I know the feeling though, I was at the end and yes about to scrap the whole grow, it was a last resort. I had nothing to lose and did a bunch of research before adding it. And yes still thought I was going to have dead plants in the morning lol. Also I agree, something went terribly wrong this run. I stopped using bleach 5 days ago and have 3 plants that may make it. I also tried H2O2 and the roots stayed brown and actually got worse. This has been a struggle and yup probably should scrap it but I'm learning lots and being a stubborn old prick I'm not giving up lol. I have filled the res and added bennies, also I order a gallon of hydro guard that is at the post office as of today, just need to get it tomorrow. I will start another tray and strain this weekend. Hopefully I will get a clone or two off the root rot ones to carry on the strain. If running a sterile res, bleach can be a useful tool IMO and just as or more effective than H2O2 which is what I used at the start of hydro till switching to bennies. If the plants don't improve with the hydro guard I will return to the bleach and try and salvage these things lol.
    Morning mate, no iv never used that product but i did spill some bleach on sum chilli peppers once and it burnt the hell out of them

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toptoker For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-11-15), waterdawg12 (27-11-15)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast