Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how does everyone know what feed to put in

MrChedda. Guest

lots of helpful advice here lads, thanks alot feeling more confident about going again each day

Thanks

I use aquafarms so a bit different as no run offs but yeah I tend to give a full feed then just top with water until she starts to go yellow then let her dry out a little and give another full feed of 20l and then top with water again then when she starts to go yellow again I'll drain the res out and start afresh with a full feed in clean res water meaning she's cleaned out every week n a half roughly but the problem being once she's flipped then she's weights a flipping ton so can't empty her out as easy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Anonymous Green View Post
    I use aquafarms so a bit different as no run offs but yeah I tend to give a full feed then just top with water until she starts to go yellow then let her dry out a little and give another full feed of 20l and then top with water again then when she starts to go yellow again I'll drain the res out and start afresh with a full feed in clean res water meaning she's cleaned out every week n a half roughly but the problem being once she's flipped then she's weights a flipping ton so can't empty her out as easy
    I would think letting the plant yellow on a regular basis is not the best practice. Perhaps hitting it before the yellowing occurs would be better, just a thought from a newb.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

Dr Anonymous Green (12-11-15)

Thanks

Yeah I check daily when lights come on and go out so when I say hitting yellow I mean slightly, yes I agree letting it go yellow isn't great practice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2