Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Sexing homegrown seeds

toptoker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I have. And I gave the theory a good testing too...

I have a bag of about 100 Auto seeds I bread myself, for an outside grow. I went though all of my seeds & selected the 5 most promising ones using the above method...

Result? 3 male, 2 female
    Thanks MC that what i was looking for... didnt expect to be rudely shot down about it, but hey ho its just a theory anyway that sparked my interest

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toptoker For This Useful Post:

M_C (09-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,577 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I have. And I gave the theory a good testing too...

I have a bag of about 100 Auto seeds I bread myself, for an outside grow. I went though all of my seeds & selected the 5 most promising ones using the above method...

Result? 3 male, 2 female
    Well I have to say I am a believer after my 2 tests, there is also people on you tube who reckon it works. I will try to choose 5 males and 5 females from my seeds and see what happens. It could have been purely coincidence I suppose.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmoregreen For This Useful Post:

British green (08-11-15)

toptoker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cmoregreen View Post
    Well I have to say I am a believer after my 2 tests, there is also people on you tube who reckon it works. I will try to choose 5 males and 5 females from my seeds and see what happens. It could have been purely coincidence I suppose.
    Hi mate.... it may have been coincidence but there may be some truth in the matter, who knows, i guess in your test you proved its correct, alls i know is the male seed i predicted grew alot faster and in a different way to the other 4 fems i grew at the same time, unfortunatley i didnt have the space to grow it to maturity... so im still non the wiser.... seems to have sparked a wee bit of anger me uploading that picture, first time on the forum iv been made to feel like an utter idiot haha.... oh well the OP asked if theres a way and it was only a suggestion he has nothing to loose by putting the theory to the test anyway.... guess some people on here forgot to insert their manpax

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toptoker For This Useful Post:

British green (08-11-15), cmoregreen (08-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Things can get a little heated as me and cmore know all to well at the end of the day we all have different opinions and that's what makes us individuals
    Manpax pmsl

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

cmoregreen (08-11-15), Donmitch0121 (08-11-15), M_C (08-11-15)

toptoker Guest

Remember boys.... in times of heated arguments please dont get all nasty and remember to take a deep breath an gently insert your Manpax

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toptoker For This Useful Post:

cmoregreen (08-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,577 Times

I will do 100 of each next growing season and put this arguement to bed once and for all. BG discussions are the best.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmoregreen For This Useful Post:

British green (08-11-15)

toptoker Guest

Top man cmore

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

I always thought fem seeds where from plants forced to pollenate itself.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Fems come from a female plant that's made to make female pollen and then used to pollinate a female plant to produce female only seeds . No male parts involved
    Imho
    You really need two plants as the first female that makes female pollen hasn't really got enough time to produce viable pollen and pollinate it's self and make seeds before death so two plants are generally used one to make female pollen and the other to produce seeds after pollination

17. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

toptoker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    You really need two plants as the first female that makes female pollen hasn't really got enough time to produce viable pollen and pollinate it's self and make seeds before death so two plants are generally used one to make female pollen and the other to produce seeds after pollination
    I am a noob and dont have much experience but from the seeds iv seen the fem seeds are tiny little pips compared to the regular seeds iv seen, and from the picture above you can defo distinguish the simularities between seeds, out of 9 seeds we predicted only 2 females! Wish i had the time and the space to put this to bed! Maybe next spring il plant all the reg seeds i have am prove this to myself.... it worked for cmore, but not for MC........

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast