Thread: IWS F&D questions

Thanks

Default IWS F&D questions

Hello fellow lawbreakers

Long time lurker and first time poster

I have recently switched to the IWS Flood and Drain system. 100l res and just three plants.

I was handwatering coco with excellent results but it was a pain in the arse every day, so I made the switch to hydro and 60/40 coco/pebbles

I think I have the IWS dialled in now. I have a haelia chiller, and keep the water at 18c. As much as I can though, as it's noisy and I can't run through the night. The EC falls slowly and the PH rises slowly, and the plants are drinking nicely. Growth is explosive! I flipped the lights to 12/12 a week ago.

Has anyone used Plant Magic in this system? What sort of dosage to you go for? I'm following the schedule with just grow A+B, going to switch to bloom A+B and probably get the boost.

Is an air curtain necessary? I don't really want to use one because of more noise, but want to avoid root rot.

Where should I put the pump for the heater in the tank? The power lead is short so I have only put it about a third of the way down. Which I realised is not great if it's on and the water drains. Would putting it at the bottom be better for mixing up the water, and does it eliminate the need for an air curtain?

Brain bucket- I've put it inside the tent- would I be better off having it outside? This would mean cutting holes in the tent.

Feeding schedule- any preferences? Due to the noise factor (trickling water in a bedroom in the middle of the night when you have neighbours makes me paranoid) I feed at lights on, 3 hours after that, then three hours after that. So three in six hours. I'd like to space them out more, but is what I'm doing ok?

And am I doomed because I forgot to put the copper mats in the bottom of the pot? They are growing in such a way rotating the pots is difficult. Best I can do here is swivel them back and forth a bit to try and stop the roots growing down the drain pipe.

Is 17c an ok temp to keep the water at? As the temp will creep up when I have the chiller off and it'll stay cooler longer.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

No pal no but no1 has much advice for me I have a iws flood n drain n I got 100% coco and I've really messed up by the looks of it with all different types of things I can't seem to find a solid food plan the last time I did a grow and someone helped me out with it, it was just vage instructions and I just about pulled it off but this time I'm failing bad I was wondering if u could educate me a little with yours

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks

When I started up this 1 I just gave it plain tap water with ph at 6.3 for a week and I only top fed the second week I had a feed on when lights were on and kept on top feeding with 100ml a+b in the rez that would take it up to 0.8ec n ph was still 6.3 to 6.6 when I flipped it to flower I just kept the same feed but I had 2 feeds on and cut out the top feeding with 2 400ws on. After the 2nd week I saw loads of yellowing so I looked up and somewhere someone put they put 250ml a+b in 100l so I copied it with 100ml big bud and it's 1.4 I had to push the ph up a little and it's going shocking I'm on day 18 atm and I really dno what's a good food plan for em

Thanks