Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A simple guide to taking and making clones/cuttings

Thanks

Default A simple guide to taking and making clones/cuttings

firstly choose the growing shoots from the plant which you'll take the clones/cuttings from like so ~

select the areas from the plant

select the cuttings

then prepare the clone/cutting
    cut the stem @45 degrees and remove the lower leaves, i personally would only remove the lowest set of leaves leaving the rest on the clone ~
    prepare cutting

remove lower leaves

cut stem @45 degrees, i'd advise using a clean razor blade

pour some rooting gel into a small container, this saves the whole gel from contamination, next take the cutting and dip the stem in the rooting gel or powder, id recommend using a rooting gel (especially Clonex) as this covers the stem better and seems to produce a better rooting (strike) rate for clones/cuttings ~

dip clone into gel/powder

then place your clone/cutting into your desired rooting medium, either a light soil/perlite mix or Rockwool cubes or peat or coco coir pellets ~

peat pellets

coco coir pellets

then place your cuttings into a propagtor, give them a spray mist with plain pH balanced water and put under 24 hour light ~
    here's my two new NYC Diesel clones sitting in their propagator

some people cut the fan leaves in half as they say this helps the cutting transpire (lose) less water, but in my opinion, the little plant needs all the energy it can in getting its new roots growing so i personally leave them intact
    i also leave a very small amount of water in the bottom of the propagator and i also dont mist them much at all, only 2-3 times over the next 5-7 days, i believe this spoils the plant and it needs to get its own roots down if it wants water

in 5-10 days you should see new roots growing out of the medium, it is now time to repot and you can now vegetate the plants for a few weeks to grow them up before flowering or put them straight into flowering as soon as they have rooted, the choice is yours!

hope this guide is of some help

cheers

dj#
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dj # For This Useful Post:

bang the bong (23-10-13), BUDAllTheTime (31-07-10), clone (27-12-10), elmo99 (30-09-10), MissJane (05-11-11), Mr Bloom (18-05-11), MrLearner (21-05-11), needsmust (03-09-12), oktokey (16-02-13), puffindaerb (30-12-15), sean (14-05-11), thebud (21-03-10), TIKTOK (06-05-11), Wasat (11-09-14)

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Nice post mate!

Thanks

this may sound a silly question to you'but why would you put the clones into veg starte for two weeks or straight to flower.i thought veg state was about 8-10 weeks.dale dougan.

Thanks

nice post though.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by daledougan View Post
    this may sound a silly question to you'but why would you put the clones into veg starte for two weeks or straight to flower.i thought veg state was about 8-10 weeks.dale dougan.
    You can veg the plants as long as you want mate, 1 week, 1 month or even 1 year. You can even go straight to 12/12 as soon as the seedlings emerge from the soil... it is all down to preference and how big you want the plants to eventually become.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daledougan View Post
    there's no set limit on veg state, its entierly up to the grower and what parametres he/she is growing with/in
    if you have limited space/height then as soon as your clones have rooted then you would want to put them into flower

Thanks

Awesome DJ - i think this my friend should be sticky
    If you found this useful - Press the thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

Needs Sticky!
    Fear is not the natural state of mankind

Thanks

Default NYC Diesel clones @ 7 days old! :)

here's my NYC Diesel clones 7 days after taken from their mother and put into Coco Coir pellets

Rooooots! yay!

these clones went through an 8 hour/400 mile journey to get to me and survived the trip in a little plastic tupperware box lined with damp kitchen roll!

tough stuff cannabis!

Thanks

A nicely illustrated guide dj #.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast