Thread: thinking on to my next grow

Thanks

Default thinking on to my next grow

iv acquired a 4 pot Wilma, 11 litre version with the blue drippers.
    I was advised to go with coco but after abit of thinking and researching iv seen coco isn't good in recirc, so thinking going with clay balls.

iv only got an 80x80x180 tent so recirc is going to be easier than my current run to waste in soil.

will clay ball suffer the same sort of probloms as coco or will ph/ec be more solid etc.

don't know weather to scrap the Wilma and just go with coco in airpots and make a easy to drain flood to waste system.

iv got about 6 weeks left but want this ready so I know before I start messing about.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,354 Times

what i would do is buy the biggest airpot you can find (anything over 25ltr) stick it in the middle of the tent and scrogg it in coco.

hope that helps
    THERE ARE MANY GOOD REASONS FOR DRINKING
    AND ONE HAS JUST ENTERED MY HEAD
    IF A FELLOW CANT DRINK WHEN HES LIVING
    HOW THE HELL, CAN HE DRINK, WHEN HES DEAD....

5 incredable bulk in 60/40, 25ltr air pots, scrogged
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-pots-scrogged
    FINNISHED
    FAST AND VAST DIARY GROWN IN COCO
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rown-by-GRIMER
    FINNISHED

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GRIMER For This Useful Post:

astonehead (21-11-15)

Thanks

Thanks. To add I'm on my 2nd grow on autos and will be doing a proper plant next. Wanted to do regs but fems due to constraints.
    So you think I'd be better off doing just one plant?

That does help thanks for that

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by astonehead View Post
    Thanks. To add I'm on my 2nd grow on autos and will be doing a proper plant next. Wanted to do regs but fems due to constraints.
    So you think I'd be better off doing just one plant?

That does help thanks for that
    yup, 1 plant on a scrogg, have a look at pinkmans stylee, as i say a few times, would rather get cault with 1 than 5 lol.

good luck with this

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GRIMER For This Useful Post:

astonehead (22-11-15)

Thanks

You've got the Wilma, might as well use it. Just keep them small with a short veg period. Never done a coco grow but with clay balls they won't affect PH, not sure coco does either if it's prepared right. I've only seen pictures of the Wilma but how do they keep the roots out of the main res? Also it's the res temps that are causing me issues right now but I'm running spray heads not drip.

Thanks

I'm still thinking about this and cant decide what to do although I do know I need to stay with autos for temperature and light tightness reasons,,,
    so what would YOU do in my position.

80x80x180 tent, 400w hps cool hood.

currently have 2 autopilots and 2 chemdogs. got 2 tall 2 short. and I'm out of space. if only I could deleaf id be sweet.

so now I'm thinking do I do just 1 dutch passion super auto, or do I just carry on doing 4 small quick autos and let them sqeeze themselves in.

iv got 3L+ 6L airpots, 11litre square pots from the Wilma, and iv got the 10L round pots I'm using now.

I'm thinking 2 decent autos in the 6L airpots would yield more than craming 4 in.

and then, do I take the jump to coco or stick with soil, iv got a bag of canna coco pro ready and just need to get rhizo, a+b, ph down and an ec pen lol.

also need a way to lift the pots up so I can run to waste without removing the pots so I can consider a screen.

also how much coco could I add to soil before having to use coco nutes, I'm guessing upto 50% like perlite?

what would you do guys????
    Last edited by astonehead; 13-12-15 at 10:08 PM.