Thread: Bastard cheeky Thrips :(

toptoker Guest

Default Bastard cheeky Thrips :(

Proper gutted like 6 weeks into flower on sunday an discovered thrips... i noticed a silvery leaf a few weeks back but thought it was residue of some kind... anyway its thrips an there quite abit of silvery leaf damage now feel lile cutting me trees down the bastards.... had to dump a load of chilli pepper plants last year due to aphids ruining them... now this

toptoker Guest

What i dont get is how the hell do they just appear!!

toptoker Guest

Not only are they munching on my girls! To add even more insult! They leaving a trail of black shit behind them arrgghh!!!

toptoker Guest

Trounce??..........

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

toptoker Guest

Thanks bud x

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Get some of this off ebay mate, should get rid of them.....

Regards BL
    He's 6 weeks into flowering Bud, will that still be OK?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

toptoker Guest

Pyrethrum 5EC is a certified organic pesticide that is made from African Chrysanthemums. It kills a variety of insects including greenfly, whitefly, aphids, flea beetle, thrips, springtails and caterpillars.*
    It is safe for use on all edible and non edible plants and can be used up to 24 hours before harvest.*
    - 100% natural active ingredients
    - Excellent for controlling a wide variety of pests including Thrips and Spingtails.
    - Spray up to 24hrs before harvest
    - Contains 5% Natural Pyrethrins
    - Use a root drench to control springtails

Sounds good enough to me going to be a couple of days til it turns up tho ... im going to carry on shakin them off my trees until it turns up then spray the fuck outa them....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    He's 6 weeks into flowering Bud, will that still be OK?

As long as you got plenty of air blowing over them and low humidity should be ok, I've treated for mites in the past in late flower without any issues. you could always mask the colas with plastic bags and drench the leaves or just a light misting. The alternative is ride it out and hope for the best, its a trade off really you need to make a judgment call...Personally i would treat them

Regards BL

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Captain Toker (26-11-15), Mr.North (27-11-15), M_C (26-11-15)

toptoker Guest

I have 2 dehumidifiers.... im going to spray them bud fuck it they are getting it..... will get RH down to 30-40 and blast them as soon as lights go off..... not having these ruin the best plants iv grown......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to toptoker For This Useful Post:

Captain Toker (26-11-15)