Quote Originally Posted by New_Growth View Post
    The only thing with coco is you have to monitor your ph level
    And ec feed level

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Buster (08-12-15), M_C (08-12-15), ToughCall (03-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toptoker View Post
    Alls i can do is read up on the coco, i cant see a scrog being that hard, just tuck them main stems under an over init until i fill the screen, alls i can do is try, i wanted fat long colas on this run an i did alls i did was remove all the shite from underneath an boom, not sure on strains i only grew a few out any suggestions?
    I find pre training your girls first helps loads topping and LST get her spread out be for I put a net over her , one mistake you can do is over crowd a scrog we little crappy bits that just steal nutes , just my experience in one I did lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

ToughCall (03-05-22), walshy (22-02-16)

Thanks

I did the comparison many times. Coco yields 10% more and is much easier to work with. Soil give me much better tasting buds with about 10% more potency.
    Once my soil mix is dialled it is MUCH easier to work with than coco, but the tuning part can take some work and brainz.
    Soil can be MUCH cheaper to run than coco and require much less gear.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yekke For This Useful Post:

RG420 (28-12-15), ToughCall (03-05-22), walshy (22-02-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

coco kicks ass mate, its just basically another form of hydroponics, so ec meters and ph meters are needed, with a know how of what to do and how to make sure shits running smoothly, easy if you know how to but its just grasping the concept of it it is hard, if your a novice go soil, if youve got the knowledge and know how go coco i think everyone gets everything spot on usually as they know what temps to aim for, i think mostly everyone has alot of problems getting the ratios down to a t theres my 2 pence mate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (18-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    coco kicks ass mate, its just basically another form of hydroponics, so ec meters and ph meters are needed, with a know how of what to do and how to make sure shits running smoothly, easy if you know how to but its just grasping the concept of it it is hard, if your a novice go soil, if youve got the knowledge and know how go coco i think everyone gets everything spot on usually as they know what temps to aim for, i think mostly everyone has alot of problems getting the ratios down to a t theres my 2 pence mate
    I think starting with coco is much easier. Get the parts, follow a good chart, harvest.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Yekke For This Useful Post:

ToughCall (03-05-22)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yekke View Post
    I think starting with coco is much easier. Get the parts, follow a good chart, harvest.
    fair play if thats what you found mate, but personally i cant just pick up nutes and follow a chart, each strain has different feeding patterns, as do feeding requirements upping strengths using beneficiaries alongside like boost and pk etc give to much burn the fuck out of them, give to little you wont produce as much, as i say its hydroponics and in anyones eyes it a thousand times harder then soil as its alot lot lot less forgiving, coco and waterbased you have to give the plants what they need when they need it in my eyes and that requires skill matey have to be bang on with ph each time, know not to give to high of a ec which most novices including myself do / have done

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Buster (29-12-15)

Thanks

fair play if thats what you found mate, but personally i cant just pick up nutes and follow a chart, each strain has different feeding patterns, as do feeding requirements upping strengths using beneficiaries alongside like boost and pk etc give to much burn the fuck out of them, give to little you wont produce as much, as i say its hydroponics and in anyones eyes it a thousand times harder then soil as its alot lot lot less forgiving, coco and waterbased you have to give the plants what they need when they need it in my eyes and that requires skill matey have to be bang on with ph each time, know not to give to high of a ec which most novices including myself do / have done
    You can easily copy - paste a coco system without any alternations, just use the same strain, same feed, same everything.

Dr-Chronic Guest

You can easily copy - paste a coco system without any alternations, just use the same strain, same feed, same everything.
    Im not gonna argue pal, looked at your grows, you know your shit mate, just my opinion as i ran waterbased and fucked up using cannas line of nutes and following their guide mate burnt the shit out of them and ran into multiple defs i couldnt pin point

Thanks

Im not gonna argue pal, looked at your grows, you know your shit mate, just my opinion as i ran waterbased and fucked up using cannas line of nutes and following their guide mate burnt the shit out of them and ran into multiple defs i couldnt pin point
    Not here to argue, at most I wish to discuss.

Canna's guide is not very good imho. I've been using their coco line with good result using (with a fert-loving strain, lower amounts up to 30% with fert sensitive strains):
    Veg week 1: 0.8 mS
    Veg week 2: 1 mS
    Veg week 3: 1.3 mS
    Flo week 1-2: 1.4 mS
    Flo week 3: 1.6 mS
    Flo week 4-8: 1.8 mS, adding a PK additive (like pk 13/14) at the recommended dose (1-2 ml/L usually)
    If the strain need more time then keep with 1.6-1.7 mS
    Flush 4-5 days before harvest and give only clean water + humic acids until harvest. Flush every 2-3 weeks.

mS (EC units) are measured from 0.2EC very hard tap water / RO water mix. If you'r tap is soft water you'll want to add some cal-mag to every rez. Don't pass the 2.0 mS range if you'r not sure you know what your doing. Water coco every day to 3 times per day.
    This guideline worked well for me over the years, and I used minor tweaks to it using +-20% of the given amounts.

I know a few people that copied by system (the full thing, not just this recipe) without my help and had very good results.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yekke For This Useful Post:

walshy (22-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

Not here to argue, at most I wish to discuss.

Canna's guide is not very good imho. I've been using their coco line with good result using (with a fert-loving strain, lower amounts up to 30% with fert sensitive strains):
    Veg week 1: 0.8 mS
    Veg week 2: 1 mS
    Veg week 3: 1.3 mS
    Flo week 1-2: 1.4 mS
    Flo week 3: 1.6 mS
    Flo week 4-8: 1.8 mS, adding a PK additive (like pk 13/14) at the recommended dose (1-2 ml/L usually)
    If the strain need more time then keep with 1.6-1.7 mS
    Flush 4-5 days before harvest and give only clean water + humic acids until harvest. Flush every 2-3 weeks.

mS (EC units) are measured from 0.2EC very hard tap water / RO water mix. If you'r tap is soft water you'll want to add some cal-mag to every rez. Don't pass the 2.0 mS range if you'r not sure you know what your doing. Water coco every day to 3 times per day.
    This guideline worked well for me over the years, and I used minor tweaks to it using +-20% of the given amounts.

I know a few people that copied by system (the full thing, not just this recipe) without my help and had very good results.
    Hi guys hope your having a good day,
    I'm in coco and find it pretty easy to use,
    With the canna range well a+b you can at least half what it says,
    I do pretty much do the recipe above just feed to e.c at the right time of your plants life and ph the feed,
    I just use what I need when the plants tell me
    I find coco very forgiving or should I say easy to control you plants,
    Just following what you said above and have a stable environment and pretty hard to go wrong imo ,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast