Thread: Coronation Street's new story will see Cannabis use for pain relief; Thoughts?

Thanks

Default Coronation Street's new story will see Cannabis use for pain relief; Thoughts?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....e-see-10627117

I'll be keeping a close eye on this; Hopefully the 'experts' they are consulting will be more along the lines of Prof. Nutt, and not 'Frank'.

1st worry is seeing that she will be smoking it; I know a lot medical patients tend to find much better results with edibles and oils. And while we all love a bit of combustion now and again, sadly, I can see them going for the 'coughing her lungs up' scene to push a negative view/stereo type.

Fingers crossed for a realistic use though.
    Maybe she'll get too high, and it will bring us the issue of legalisation and regulation so people know what they are getting?
    They better no go 'weed=lazy' and have her losing her job, or doing some unrealistic crap like 'sewing over her own hand, because she's so high'.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarysSeeds For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (22-12-15), Oxy (22-12-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

hello m8 , you know what they are like,, they will portray it in all the wrong light, i had my first smoke of oil last night , and wow..loved it.. i can't be doing Coronation Street.. that and emmerdale..

would be good if it shown in a good way,.. i'll be waiting for your update on it...

lol sewing over her own hand ,... that could have been me last night,, i was pickled off that oil..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Buddy8 (08-01-16), carpetburn (23-12-15), MarysSeeds (22-12-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

She burns the house down trying to grow it or suffers psyhosis and wheels herself in front of denises taxi.
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

Blue (22-12-15), ERBURT (22-12-15), MarysSeeds (22-12-15), M_C (22-12-15), Oxy (23-12-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    She burns the house down trying to grow it or suffers psyhosis and wheels herself in front of denises taxi.
    I'm going with "Steve is actually her dealer, and shows that even while high 24/7, he can run a successful business, and is a well integrated member of society; he's been high for years and no one knew. Gale finds David coughing up a bong rip and is deeply disappointed; she proceeds to show him how to clear a whole bowl in one breath without flinching"

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MarysSeeds For This Useful Post:

Blue (22-12-15), Captain Toker (23-12-15), Dazmandaz (22-12-15), Jesse Pinkman (23-12-15), Oxy (23-12-15), skippy (22-12-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MarysSeeds View Post
    I'm going with "Steve is actually her dealer, and shows that even while high 24/7, he can run a successful business, and is a well integrated member of society; he's been high for years and no one knew. Gale finds David coughing up a bong rip and is deeply disappointed; she proceeds to show him how to clear a whole bowl in one breath without flinching"
    Hahaha marys

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

MarysSeeds (23-12-15), Oxy (23-12-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

1st line in the link..."A Corrie source confirmed the storyline and said show bosses were working with experts about the subject"....wonder if thats some sort of doctor or a proper stoner lol.........and i reckon she will get right stoned in the rovers, and it has an effect like delboys heat lamp had on uncle albert....
    couple of bongs and you never know ....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to carpetburn For This Useful Post:

MarysSeeds (30-12-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Quality guys, had me in stitches

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

MarysSeeds (30-12-15)

Thanks

I think it will be really frustrating and annoying. I might be wrong but I suspect it will all be portrayed in the wrong light and she will end up totally f**ked up, getting drugs from really dodgy person (obviously that can happen) but I am sure it will make every stoner look like a loser. I might be wrong, for all I know the story has already started and none of that has happened, but this is British TV so I would expect it to have a very politically correct outcome. She will come off the drugs and "come good" or die of a cannabis overdose (lol), or cannabis will lead her on a downward spiral. Whatever they do they can't be seen to show the actual good side I bet.

It would be funny though if she started forgetting everything and got really paranoid though....like me. (In real life it's not that funny though is it?)

Gale finds David coughing up a bong rip and is deeply disappointed
    Blimey...with that fizzer, how could you tell!