Thread: Do I have to change reservoir every week?

Thanks

Default Do I have to change reservoir every week?

I don't want do that shit! It will wear out my water filters! Cant I just adjust the ph and add nutrients? I just want to do 2 reservoir changes, once between veg and flowering, and a flush a week before the end.

Thanks

This is my opinion!
    Get the fresh water in there your plants will love it, if you keep the same water you will hit some serious problems I believe!
    What you keeping your water temps at?
    You never mentioned ec, so have you got a meter?
    Do you use an air stone?

Will help if you give the people here more information on your system so someone in that field can help you more?

And lastly, if I was you if you don't want to do that shit, just grab a few tubs and grow in some good quality dirt and water them!
    Everything takes time and patience in this game!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danbrett23 For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (27-12-15), TheHottDawg (27-12-15)

Thanks

this is my first. i plan on keeping my temps very low. 500 ec for seedlings and clones, 1350 for bloom, using the Teflon coated foggers. no need for airstone.

Thanks

it depends i change my water once every 10 days in vege but when im 3 to 4 weeks into flowering i dont change the water at all because the plants can drink up to 10 litres aday so it works out im giving them around 30 litres every 3 days and im growing in 30 litre barrels with air stones so it realy depends on how much you are feeding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeg For This Useful Post:

Kushin69 (15-12-16)

Thanks

water temps perfect at 18c and lights on 25 lights off 21 sorted

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seanMcPot For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (27-02-16), HOTRODNYC (22-03-16), Trex (01-01-17)

Thanks

I completely change my res once a week without fail. If you don't, your res will grow brown algae, which will find a nice home on the roots of your plant. Not a good thing.
    I know it's a monumental pain in the ass, but that's just the nature of the beast.
    If you don't want the headaches then perhaps soil would be a better choice.
    Good luck and happy growing!

Sent from Cannabis Heaven

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,093 Times

I did a 4 x 84L rdwc and did one single res change throughout the grow and pulled nearly 3kg on my first attempt:thumbup:

For i am mighty💪🌲

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

ggotch (24-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheScientist123 View Post
    I don't want do that shit! It will wear out my water filters! Cant I just adjust the ph and add nutrients? I just want to do 2 reservoir changes, once between veg and flowering, and a flush a week before the end.
    YES. I don't know all the facts, but I was advised on here when I started 2 years ago to change the res weekly: a build up of plant nasties and residues will result otherwise.