Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sulphites in molasses

Thanks

Default Sulphites in molasses

Can anybody tell me why molasses has to be unsulphered?
    Thanks!

Thanks

There are two types of molasses: Sulphured and unsulphured. Choosing the right type can actually be quite confusing, as both types do contain some sulphur – a nutrient required by your cannabis. The major distinction is that sulphured molasses actually contains SULPUER DIOXIDE, which acts as a preservative and anti-microbial substance. What this means is that sulphured molasses will actually kill the microbes you are trying to feed. Unsulphured molasses only contains sulphur, not sulphur dioxide – so it will feed your cannabis without killing the beneficial microbes in the soil. So make sure you get unsulphured, organic molasses.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danbrett23 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (29-12-15), Hobby420 (13-02-16), MJCTHC1 (07-02-16), puffindaerb (31-12-15), SpongeBongWeedPants (29-12-15)

Thanks

There's my answer lol!
    They both have sulphur in lol, but has Tate and Lyle got the sulphur dioxide in or not!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Unsulphured black strap molasses is what you are looking for, you want to go for the Meridian Molasses Pure Blackstrap (£2.99) it is organic, and will do a fantastic job, you'll get it from your local supermarket or Holland & Barrett, you'll have a few choices but stick to the one I have advised you to get,
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (29-12-15)

Thanks

I've got some unsulphered pal, but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of if I can use black treacle or not here in the uk!
    It says it contains naturally occurring sulphites on the tin!
    But it's the sulphur dioxide is what you don't want?
    I have sent Tate and Lyle an email asking them and I will let you know there answer!

Yeah so unsulphered, you would have thought meant they have taken all the sulphur out, but it just means that they haven't added any chemical sulphurs!

Thanks

The Tin doesn't give me the answer I want, I'm doing my own research!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to danbrett23 For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (31-12-15)

White Warg Guest

You do know you gave us a low-resolution picture we can't expand and thus read for ourselves, right?

Thanks

Thanks

It says contains naturally occurring sulphites, but in respect that tells me that it won't have the sulphur dioxide preservative mentioned above!
    It's the only Tate and Lyle molasses product I know of!

Thanks

And this is the first part of the product description, which tells me it is unsulphered, as the sulphur dioxide is the preservative?

Black Treacle made from Cane Molasses: a source of minerals. It's free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast