Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: hi I have a carbon filter I got free with some nutes a brought a long time ago

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ValverToker View Post
    For me odor control is the absolute number one priority. I buy rhino filters and intend on changing yearly
    Its not worth the risk with cheap filters or trying to prolong their life.
    What this guy said . Stay safe stay green the two things that should be in every grow room and both should be the best quality you can get . No1 carbon filter no2 fire alarm

2. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Valve man (02-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ValverToker View Post
    For me odor control is the absolute number one priority. I buy rhino filters and intend on changing yearly
    Its not worth the risk with cheap filters or trying to prolong their life.
    ValverToker you're obviously an educated man, everything you said rings true to me, I change my sleeve 6 monthly and the actual filter yearly - Rhino Pro 6" x 600 mm, security which this falls into is a first to all growers in this country, spot on valver, don't spare any expense on the thing that are going to give you results, dodgy equipment - dodgy grow - smelly, noisy, traffic, police eventually newgrower, all the best and get the good equipment my friend,
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

danbrett23 (02-01-16), Valve man (02-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Just to say what British green said is very smart too. A good working/tested fire alarm. I also have an auto fire extinguisher setup. Its a touch overkill but then again when you are growing in your home you have family and neighbours to think about.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

British green (02-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dickiefickle View Post
    what long process you take the filter down , run a hose thru it and dry it out , re install in groom save money
    If you ever do this then please, please, write a thread on it - you are totally out of your depth if you believe it will be as simple as you describe....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (02-01-16), puffindaerb (02-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Skunnymonster has successfully refilled a old carbon filter at a fraction of the cost of a new one . I had also tried this once which worked fine but was very very messy and I was covered and half my kitchen in carbon dust . Skunny was warned of this but said he didn't have the same problem and was no where near as dirty as expected but simply wetting the carbon could and should reactivate it if it wasn't already covered in 6months of pollution which would need cleaning first and then the cleaning solution would need removing and so on

10. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

puffindaerb (04-01-16)

Thanks

Yeah I ent gonna bother with cleaning it seems long and messy thanks for the advice tho

Dr-Chronic Guest

Drill out rivets replace the carbon cracking thread around here somewhere mate and where you drilled rivers out inset screws and washers just had a quick skim this has already been mentioned
    Last edited by Dr-Chronic; 03-01-16 at 01:09 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

puffindaerb (04-01-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2