Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iso hash

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

Quote Originally Posted by nice1 View Post
    How much isohash does an ounce of trim make?
    How long is a piece of string?

There are a lot of variables mate....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (08-04-16), Samwise Gamgee (30-06-16)

Thanks

Like what? The variable is the dry weight of plant matter and I guess the filter used as well. Time of extraction is a variable too but generally theres only quick wash iso or soaked.

There shouldn't be much variation between an alcohol extract of the cannabis plant though. I can't think of any others and since we know the variables in this equation you should have an answer if you weighed the product.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Like what? The variable is the dry weight of plant matter and I guess the filter used as well. Time of extraction is a variable too but generally theres only quick wash iso or soaked.

There shouldn't be much variation between an alcohol extract of the cannabis plant though. I can't think of any others and since we know the variables in this equation you should have an answer if you weighed the product.
    No matter how many times this question is asked there is no definite answer as mc said to many variants .

sent from my garden

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

The variable is the amount of THC crystals in the trim, if it has next to none then the return will be low, if its dripping with the stuff the yield will be higher, you are ultimately trying to extract the THC crystals, and leave the plant matter behind.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

M_C (18-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshbozier View Post
    The looks lush is iso easier then running butane through her
    ISO is flamable. Butane is explosive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbombuk View Post
    Im not sure. Iso is smelly and time consuming, but it is quiet and you dont need to try to build a rig. People have always said Iso has more contaminants than butane, but my solvent claimed to be 99.9% pure which is as good as they come. I also have the feeling that if I built a rig and blasted a load of butane through, I wouldnt be confident that I made the most of my bud/shake. Im pretty sure that when immersed in iso alcohol and mixed vigorously for a minute and then strained, the alcohol has come in contact with every last trich.

Heres a pro tip I just discovered: roll the iso hash in keif to take the sticky edge off it. They can then be kept in a paper envelope without sticking to the paper, or each other. A guide I read on the internet a while back suggested using baking powder. I couldnt bring myself to do this, but keif works just as well.
    ISO extracts much more than Rosin tech. I usually get 18-24% return.

Now ISO will extract fats lipids and clorophyll. You will need to winterized(filter in the freezer) to filter out the clorophyll fats and lipids

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Two_Bears For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (30-06-16)

Thanks

How much isohash does an ounce of trim make?
    No more than 8-12% with the best quality.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Two_Bears For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (30-06-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2