Thread: Nft sizeing in relation to tent size

Thanks

Default Nft sizeing in relation to tent size

HI

Just a quick question it's been bugging me. what size nft would be best for a 2.4x1.2x2.0.

I'm not asking what nft would fit in there which has been covered. More which would be best suited. I'm wanting some space to get in there ect but want to make the most out of the area .Maybe gt150 then thought I wouldn't be able to get round the girls so will be a pain. Also the girls would be pushing against the tent. then thought about the gt100 but again they would then push up against the tent mid veg as the tents only 1.2m deep and would rather utilise as much space as possible. Or a 901 but then depending how much they hang over the sides ? Decisions. sorry for the long winded post but rather go in as much detail as poss

Your opinions will be most welcomed cheers guys.

Doobie

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

i,d go for 2 x 424,s, me personally i,d rather work with 2 than one, if something goes wrong then you only lose half

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Fieldy (01-01-16)

ganjagunman Guest

What M said, though in a 2.4 x 1.2 you could fit 4 of them, as 2 side by side fit in a 1.2 x 1.2

Thanks

Cheers guys but if I was to get to and stick them together so half for the plants and half so I can get in ect would it matter so much they would be up against the tent? I'm presumeing on 2x 424's as there thinner so the plants got space to grow over the tanks if that makes sence so meaning 2x424 trays spaced 40cm apart has more useable growing space than say a gtm2 that has same space but all the plants would be squashed together? Hope that makes sence if not I'll try 're word it so it's understandable

Thanks again guys appriciated

Thanks

don,t think about the nft size, the plants will be a lot wider than the tanks if you give them a bit veg, the best way to grow in nft is scrog as it supports the plants, thats a big downfall in nft unless your growing sog, i grew with nft for about 7-8 year and i used only 2 424,s in a bigger space than you have

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Noobiedoobie (01-01-16), Stuarty (21-01-16)

Thanks

Right you have made my mind up been looseing sleep and all sorts your a star thanks .

So bearing in mind they would be a lot wider than the tank it's self you think 1000 w would be ok to cover the two trays if I put the trays together but keeping say 40cm in between? Reasoning behind that is one less plug if I don't need to do 2x 600w

Thanks

i,d rather use 2 x 600,s , you,ll get far better light coverage all over the tent, one for each tank is the way to go

Thanks

Cheers Murdock will be Doing a grow diary just waiting on hydrolab to open there doors again few weeks max

Thanks again