Thread: thinking of starting a dwc led scrog grow,

Thanks

Default thinking of starting a dwc led scrog grow,

this would be my first attemp at a scrod, so i would appreciate any tips, tricks and help.

heres my set up so far.
    mars 2 700w
    ec meter
    ph pens
    1.20 x 1.20 tent
    rhino filter with 6inch extract fan
    4inch intake
    2 buckect system. about 20ltr each
    got a pump that came from a 8 pot system, not sure if that will be to big for only 2 pots. (can you put to much air into water?)
    car windscreen washer pump to empty buckets out each feed time

atm ive got 2 plants from cutting under 600hps at about 4 weeks old, done my first topping about 6 days ago now and i think another coulpe of days for a second topping, and when the plants look like they have recovered from the topping they will be moved to my other grow tent under the 700w mars led.
    my plan was to veg for another 1 to 2 weeks under the led just to see how things go..

so a few questions for you lot of growers please.

what would be the best nutes for me to use in this system. something a little forgiving as i have f@cked up in the past with growing(still learning)
    only being a 700w led would it be best for 1 or 2 plants
    would it be best to join the buckets so the water level is the same in each or keep them seperate.
    with the pump ive got what run a 8 pot system. 1 air stone in each bucket and 4 air stones in my stored water tank and the other 2 outlets blanked off, cant remember the ltr per min from the pump at the moment, will get that later
    if you can see anything ive missed or should need, i would really appreciate your help
    thanks in advance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iwallace For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Hey Matey,
    What I would say is when putting the screen in remember your going to have to lift lids to get the pumps in to empty the pots, are your pots the one with the tube on the outside?
    When I done my first grow I used the oxy pot but put a tap on it like this sorry this is another tank I made but it's the same idea.

This made it a lot easier to empty once raised off the floor a couple inches.
    I have only used shogun nutrients so far for veg and flower I've used canna Aqua veg on current grow and I'm trying the canna For flowering for the first time now,
    I do like the shogun veg nutes not to sure about there bloom though tbh. And a lot of people use ionic here which when I looked would work out cheaper for me to use but hey, I'm floating around bro so just hit me with any ? And I'll try my best to help if not we will harass the big boys Pmsl
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Oh 2 plants will be fine in there too I haven't used led's but I see Ij does real well with them, I do remember people having to supplement additional calcium I believe because of the led's but we can double check that shit no problem, as for the airstones I had 6 airstones for 1 plant in the tote above so make sure there's plenty movement in them buckets, I linked my tanks in the end it was easier to maintain 1 res change etc but I wouldn't grow more than one strain at the same time while I'm running rdwc can be a pain in the Arse where they all need different shit at different times,
    Redz

Thanks

cheers redsiel for them pointers.
    ive already got me extra drain points in also i m using a little windscreen washer pump aswell, when ive got a few more bits set up i will put some pics up,
    im thinking of going organic nutes, if ive read right they are a bit more forgiving if i muck up( still learning to grow prop)
    anyway thanks for the replycheers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iwallace For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-01-16)

Thanks

No worrie atb bro
    Redz

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

I would only put 1 plants under a mars 700. In flower you have 4 square feet of footprint, 2x2, if you hold 12 inches of most plants in flower, you can get solid buds 16 inches down.

You may be able to hold a high enough with a scrog to do 3x3, but I wouldn't count on it.

I grew with the Mars 700 for 9 months that's all they lasted and they aren't worth anymore of my time, so the warranty is worthless.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

iwallace (07-01-16)

Thanks

thanks jingo for that info,
    i think i will still try the 2 plants together under the 1 led, and if needed i should be able to add another 2 300w leds (just got to wait for them to be finnished with)
    ive started on the set up now
    going to be 2 single 30ltr pots
    got a v6 or v60 air pump with 8 outlets
    my plan was or is. 2 air stones in each bucket.
    and 4 balls in my stored water tank approx 100 ltr.( my plan is to change water every 4 or 5 days, would the water still be usable for that long atime?)
    the screen is adjustable connected with hd rachet straps. from the screen i have a chain connected to the lid , which should lift everything out the pots.
    heres a couple of pics so far. if you can see any probs so far please let me know.
    and again thanks for any feed backClick image for larger version. 

Name:	o2 (2) (450x800).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	317319Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o3 (2) (360x640).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	317322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	317323

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iwallace For This Useful Post:

BritishBotanics (24-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

I like your setup never tried a scrog with dwc. Storing nutes in a res with airstones for 4 or 5 days is no issue at all. Early on if your feed isn't to high you can go up to 2 weeks without a change, by flower they will drink everything in 3 to 5 days.

It is real easy to grow in dwc with 1/2 or 3/4 nutes, as you go full strength that's where you need to check pH and ec daily.

Number of airstones don't matter as long you have little bubbles, more dissolved o2. So I recommend you get a few different stones to try.

Only problem I see with your setup is your rad. At a minimum get some insulation between those buckets and the rad. You may want to try to box in those buckets with rigid insulation or put a rigid sheet between the rad and wrap the buckets in blankets. If you could box in and get cool airflow around those buckets it could also help.

If you have a chiller then disregard that last bit. Don't try growing microbes, bennies, until you know how to grow weed. So always use a sterilizing agent in your res like 30% h2o2 or sm90. If you can't get sm90 where your at I'd risk a customs seizure the stuff is that good. You can dilute and spray it on pm and knock it out early, may even get systemic protection. It's coriander oil, smells real good.
    Last edited by Jingo; 07-01-16 at 09:23 PM.