Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First grow dolomite lime

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,411 Times

Ok I get you buddy. I'll go dry out my verve for a bit then add my lime when it's dry . I can just plant my taproots when they're damp ? or will I need to let soil dry again after I add the lime, then moisten appropriately ,
    sorry for the many questions lol

Fancy mentoring me in a couple of weeks ? 😅

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chibbs For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Weed View Post
    Ok I get you buddy. I'll go dry out my verve for a bit then add my lime when it's dry . I can just plant my taproots when they're damp ? or will I need to let soil dry again after I add the lime, then moisten appropriately ,
    sorry for the many questions lol

Fancy mentoring me in a couple of weeks ? 
    It will be easier to mix the lime and soil together if it is dry. Once mixed well, wet it until it is all damp - and keep it damp throughout the waiting period (2 weeks minimum)

It should still be damp when you are ready to use it. Do not let it dry out during the waiting period.

Ask as many questions as you wish mate, That's what we are all here for.

I can help out where needed, but I am not good enough to be a mentor.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

chibbs (03-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    It will be easier to mix the lime and soil together if it is dry. Once mixed well, wet it until it is all damp - and keep it damp throughout the waiting period (2 weeks minimum)

It should still be damp when you are ready to use it. Do not let it dry out during the waiting period.

Ask as many questions as you wish mate, That's what we are all here for.

I can help out where needed, but I am not good enough to be a mentor.
    Ok mate what about substitutes to use instead of lime ? I don't really want to wait a few weeks ?

The Aspie Toker Guest

Ok mate what about substitutes to use instead of lime ? I don't really want to wait a few weeks ?
    Foliar feeding with calmag or Epsom salts, but it's not the best way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

chibbs (03-01-16)

Thanks

Foliar feeding with calmag or Epsom salts, but it's not the best way.
    what calmag do you recommend ? All I can see is hydro

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chibbs For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

what calmag do you recommend ? All I can see is hydro
    Any calmag as you will be foliar feeding it. (Spraying both sides of the leaves)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

chibbs (03-01-16)

Thanks

Any calmag as you will be foliar feeding it. (Spraying both sides of the leaves)
    I was thinking of mixing my lime and soil for when I pot up because I don't want to wait too long , do you think id be ok without lime in my first starter pots (1l) then add my soil with lime in a couple of weeks ?

The Aspie Toker Guest

You can't really rush these things, mate. If you cut corners now, you'll be suffering later on.

Apparently, it took God to create everything in seven days. It wasn't until the second day that he created light. With a bit of forward thinking, he would have created light at the very start, so he could see what he was doing, without making so many fuck ups.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

chibbs (03-01-16), Pablo (04-12-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I was thinking of mixing my lime and soil for when I pot up because I don't want to wait too long , do you think id be ok without lime in my first starter pots (1l) then add my soil with lime in a couple of weeks ?
    Not really. It wouldn't have time to settle in and stabilise. You could speed it up a little if you grind the lime down till it's like dust. But you're still talking weeks rather than days.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

chibbs (03-01-16)

Thanks

You can't really rush these things, mate. If you cut corners now, you'll be suffering later on.

Apparently, it took God to create everything in seven days. It wasn't until the second day that he created light. With a bit of forward thinking, he would have created light at the very start, so he could see what he was doing, without making so many fuck ups.
    I get you mate and nice analogy btw but I failed on my first time around and want to get a grow done before summer, God has all the time in the world, I sadly don't

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chibbs For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast