Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tiny little flies....

Thanks

they look similar to but not the same as what I found =/ mine had a bit more black but basically the same thing o_O and im on the other side of the planet lol

Thanks

Ive had a bad batch of growing medium once... Where apparantly some eggs were present... Water my seedlings and day after, flies everywhere.

Have to say those flies look a bit diffrent... But take into account that it could be eggs in your medium

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RandomodnaR View Post
    they look similar to but not the same as what I found =/ mine had a bit more black but basically the same thing o_O and im on the other side of the planet lol
    Yours does sound like fungus gnats. Go to Google images and check. That way you'll know for sure if they are like your flies/gnats.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaFarmerNL View Post
    Ive had a bad batch of growing medium once... Where apparantly some eggs were present... Water my seedlings and day after, flies everywhere.

Have to say those flies look a bit diffrent... But take into account that it could be eggs in your medium
    You would have had larvae in your medium. There's no way they could be eggs one day, and flies the next. They spend most of their life as a larvae before turning into flies - which look for places to lay eggs, and starting the cycle all over again.

Thanks

Oow lol... Haha at least the growshop told me "something like this" my bad then haha he must have said larves... Amd now you mention it.... Duh hahahaha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GanjaFarmerNL For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yeah I dont think it was in the grow medium as I have used the same soil on my last grow and didnt get the problem plus there numbers are slowly increasing. I really dont know what kinda of fly it is, doesnt seem to be hurting me plants tho just annoying they're in there!

Thanks

I read a diary by smacka nd he had those flies funnily enough his was a pc grow too. He said that he found little yellow eggs on the underside of his leaves nd he just killed all the eggs and checked the leaves daily and they went. Not sure if they r the same floes but he gave the same description as you

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

cover the surface of your soil with 1/2 inch of perlite or sharp sand, (i,ve found perlite best tho) this prevents them crawling out of the medium to breed...7-10 days and they should be gone
    atb
    cb

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carpetburn For This Useful Post:

GanjaFarmerNL (05-01-16), jpsmoker840 (05-01-16)

Thanks

Purchased a fly catcher strip and put it on the side of my PC Box - will keep you all updated!

Dr-Chronic Guest

I had these fungus gnats mate there little bastards get some tanlin / hydrogen peroxide and some sticky strips soon Will fuck off horrid ain't they lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast